Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged 3 times but should only be charged once

Charged 3 times but should only be charged once

I tried to sign up for spotify student premium account this morning, after i put in all my credit card information and went to look up my school it said that my information could not be found for my school and that i would not be charged till my information is verified. after that i sign up for spotify premium $9.99 for 3 months. i went to check my bank account and there are 3 charges in there 2 for $5.33 and one for $10.66. the only charge that should be on there is the $10.66 which i got a receipt for. the other 2 should not be on there becuase it specifically stated when i was trying to sign up that it can not work right now and my account would not be charged. i would like to be refunded for the 2 charges of $5.33 as soon as possibe.

1 Reply

Hey @Kasskat99, welcome to the Spotify Community!

In this case, the charges should show on your statement as ‘pending’. This means your bank has put a temporary authorization on the funds, but no money will actually been taken because Spotify did not verify your student status. Check out some more info here: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/student_discount/i-paid-for-the-student-discount-bu...

Please let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

Suggested posts