Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged For Google Home Mini, cancelled, now can't redeem the offer

Solved!

Charged For Google Home Mini, cancelled, now can't redeem the offer

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9+

Operating System

Android Something

My Question or Issue

I got an email saying my google home mini is available, and after having to try again and again to even get to the checkout page itself, I see I'm being charged 53 dollars for it, so I canceled my order as soon as I saw that. Now I cannot go back and try to redeem the offer, which didn't even apply in the first place... 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey guys,

Thanks for the heads-up about this.

If you're still experiencing issues with redeeming your Google Home Mini, check the steps here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Same thing happened to me. I clicked "get it now" and proceeded with all of the steps I needed. Google kept telling me my promotional code would be applied at the end. Followed all the steps and still got charged! Promotional code was NOT added! So I canceled my order and went back in to reorder it, and now Google is telling me there's a limit to how many I can buy?? Even though I didn't even get to use the promotional code in the first place? Spotify isn't answering my emails or my twitter dm's. 

This happened to me too! Looking forward to seeing if anyone has a solution soon.

The exact same happened to me. Google support then told me that the offer code was used when it happened and i had to go to spotify to get a new one.

Same thing happened to me. I had to go to my cart to remove the google home mini to try again. But even when I tried again no discount was applied. Contacted Google Support, but to no avail. Was on hold for an hour because of all of the calls about the Spotify Google Home Mini Redemption, and no one was able to talk to me. They said they would email me, but we will see what happens. Seems like a big tech issue between Spotify and Google that they haven't sorted out yet.

If the code doesnt auto apply at checkout go to the link that the spotify website redirects you to, then copy and paste the end part of the URL and use it as the coupon code. It should come after the "promodcode=" in the url 

Marked as solution

Hey guys,

Thanks for the heads-up about this.

If you're still experiencing issues with redeeming your Google Home Mini, check the steps here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts