Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged Twice by Spotify, again...please help?

Charged Twice by Spotify, again...please help?

So I have already contacted Spotify but, as expected, the customer service experience has been terrible and the only response I have received entails 'click this link, try every email you've ever had or can make an account with, and try to find the elusive other account which is mysterious charging me 4.99 GBP every month.'

Well, I'm sorry but this is frankly getting ridiculous.  I have been charged twice every month for the past three months and I have no other way of seeking help (since Spotify doesn't offer any real customer support) so I am turning to this forum as a last resort.  

While I love the app and the selection of music, the terrible customer service and the fact that I have been consistently charged twice for the past three month is driving me away to its competitors.  I sincerely hope that a member of the Spotify team can see this message and help me resolve this issue (a real person at last perhaps?  Or maybe my dream is too big) or I will ask my bank to block any transaction request by Spotify and go to its competitor.  

I just have one advice for anyone out there thinking about or have a premium subscription to Spotify...check your bank accounts and make sure they're not charging you twice. 

Best, 

A terribly frustrated and annoyed customer. 

3 Replies

Hello @Linconomics,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this, I'll try to help 🙂

I'd recommend heading this page. You might be able to find the answer for this.

Also note that the 4.99 GBP subscription is the price of the Student Discount. You need to be a verified student to apply for this discount. You may know some friend or relative that's a student and has access to your credit card.

Hope this helps and have a nice day! Keep me posted, I'm here to help. 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I need help on this front also. I've been charged the full amount myself the last few months. I changed to only chage me the last of the month but the payment still came out again today. I may call my bank to see if they'll reinburse me but I don't don't if they can or will.

12346309_10153330282445765_3041700927825456838_n.jpg

Hello @Merry57!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. No worries though, I'll be here to help. In this case, I'd recommend checking out this Support article for the next steps to take.

Hope this helps and let me know how you get on 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts