Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged for $119.88... what should I do?

Charged for $119.88... what should I do?

I just received a Spotify charge for $119.88, but I am only due to be charged once a month for premium. I've seen other people have this problem. Any help would be appreciated, as I'd like to reverse this charge.

image.png
3 Replies

Hey @nickstappdub, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear this. Let's take a look.

Do you see the same charge of $119.88 when you check your receipts page here

If not, check to see if the billing date on your Spotify account is set for next month, or next year. 

You can also get in touch with your financial institution to see if the charge is pending or if it has been posted. If you've let anyone else use your card or you don't remember paying for this much - you can also get in touch with your financial institution, and they can take a closer look to make sure your financial information stays safe only accessible to you.

Let me know how this goes.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for getting back! The charge is not there and my next billing date is 6/23 as I get charged on the 23rd of every month.

Hey @nickstappdub,

Thanks for information. 

Also, just to make sure this charge didn't occur on your account, did you get any confirmation or receipt emails from Spotify?

If you don't see an email from Spotify with that charge, then I'd recommend getting in touch with your bank (financial institution). Explain to them that you're unaware of the charge and they'll be able to take it from there.

I hope this clears things up.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts