Announcements
Current information of our Google Nest Mini Offer can be found here.

Charged for premium, still on free.

Highlighted

Charged for premium, still on free.

Casual Listener

Plan

Free, but was buying premium

Country

India

Device

Motorola G5S+

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I was just buying Spotify Premium with the students' discount. The SheerID verification was complete and I proceeded to pay. I paid with a debit card (VISA). The money got deducted from my bank account but I was redirected to a Spotify page saying "Something went wrong, please try again."

Right now my spotify is showing "Free" under the Current Plan section. I logged out and logged in again as well. There isn't even a customer care email address that I could drop a mail to. Neither did I get a premium account, nor did my money get refunded. What should I do / How do I get my Premium account?

2 Replies

Re: Charged for premium, still on free.

Casual Listener

I bought the premium again, worked. But the money that got deducted last time still hasn't been refunded. Help, please.

Highlighted

Re: Charged for premium, still on free.

Community Legend

Hi @vinayak1,

Thanks for letting us know about this! 

Currently there are issues with processing the payments in India. We've created an Ongoing Issue about this.

We can confirm that when you submit a payment, your bank puts the funds aside as ‘pending’. If the payment fails, the pending status will expire and the funds will be returned to you. How fast this will happen depends on your bank. 

We hope this sheds light on the subject. 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS