Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged for student discount and regular price

Charged for student discount and regular price

I tried to register as a student, and it didn't recognize the school. I wasn't notified that I was charged though. I then went to subscribe to the regular price. That worked, and it told me that I was now scubscribed and charged. I check my bank account, and see that I was charged $5 from spotify, and then another at $10.

3 Replies

Hey @forrest_nel,

Can you just check for me if the transaction is pending or proccessing?

If Spotify's unable to verify your student I.D, you won’t be eligible to claim the student discount. In this instance, any charges will show on your statement as ‘pending’, meaning no money has actually been taken.

Once the bank receives the confirmation that your student I.D failed to verify, the ‘pending’ charge will be refunded. This can take up to 48 hours, depending on your bank. You can reach out to them for more information.

You can also suggest that SheerID, Spotifys verification partner, adds your college/university here: https://verify.sheerid.com/spotify-international-request/.

Cheers,

Tim

I was charged the extra $5

Then we're not able to help you with this here in the Community, but the great people over at Spotify Support will be able to help you get this resolved 🙂 You can send them a note here.

They'll get back to your shortly, and help work through some options! Make sure to keep an eye out for an email with the subject line "Spotify Case # XXXXXXXX". It might find its way into your Spam/Junk folders, so keep an eye in there as well!

Cheers and let me know if you bump into any errors!
Tim

Suggested posts