Charged for subscribing to Premium trial

Solved!

Charged for subscribing to Premium trial

Plan

Premium trial

Country

Malaysia

My Question or Issue

I'm a user in Malaysia that used my Malaysian debit card to subscribe to Spotify premium. As I understand it, the first 30 days are free and Spotify even sent me a receipt saying that I was charged MYR 0.00 for the trial. However, I received an SMS saying that MYR 4.00 was charged to my card at the same time. Can someone please tell me what's going?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Zammie,

Thanks for getting back in touch with this info!

Since you mention only seeing a charge for 4 MYR, we'd suggest taking a look at this support site article

We'd also recommend making sure that you don't have a second Spotify account with us. You can check this by following the steps in this Spotify Answer.

If none of these help, it'd be helpful if you could let us know what the SMS you received mentions or as @KossB mentions if the charge appears for Spotify or another service. Make sure that any sensitive/private info is removed when posting in the Community.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey there @Zammie,

thanks for posting !

Can you please confirm that the payment went through on your bank account ?

Thanks 😃

Yes, I am absolutely certain that the payment went through. Could you explain to me why, please?

Have you logged into your bank account to review the transaction? In your original message, you wrote: "I received an SMS saying that MYR 4.00 was charged to my card" Was the amount of MYR 4.00 charged to your card by Spotify? Or by someone else?
Marked as solution

Hey there @Zammie,

Thanks for getting back in touch with this info!

Since you mention only seeing a charge for 4 MYR, we'd suggest taking a look at this support site article

We'd also recommend making sure that you don't have a second Spotify account with us. You can check this by following the steps in this Spotify Answer.

If none of these help, it'd be helpful if you could let us know what the SMS you received mentions or as @KossB mentions if the charge appears for Spotify or another service. Make sure that any sensitive/private info is removed when posting in the Community.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

KaterinaModerator

Yes, the charge was by Spotify, it said so in the SMS that I received. But no matter, I think the support article that was posted by @Katerina explained it well. Let's just see if the charges are reversed at some point. If yes, I will close this thread. If not then I'll update you guys further. Thanks a lot!

Hey again @Zammie,

Thanks for getting back in touch and adding these details.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you need more help!

Keep us posted 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Suggested posts