Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged of $131.03 from Spotify from bank account but subscription was rejected/ fraudulent issue

Charged of $131.03 from Spotify from bank account but subscription was rejected/ fraudulent issue

I had signed up for student promo of $4.99 on 2nd April 2018. Shortly after, I received an email stating that my subscription was not successful. Upon checking my bank account, I discovered a total of $131.03 was charged under Spotify. I had checked with the bank pertaining to this. I am equally puzzled as I am unable to enjoy the premium as offered by Spotify. If this is not rightfully charged by Spotify, the bank has advised to report this as fraudulent. Assistance from  Spotify is greatly appreciated.

1 Reply

Hey @naajihaah, welcome to the community!

It's odd to find such a big charge for Spotify when you were trying to get the discount. Did your bank confirm the payment was coming from Spotify?

Since you were signing up for the discount, you might see pending payments for $4.99 on your bank statement. However, since the subscription didn't go through, the money should go back to your bank account automatically.

Keep me in the loop.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts