Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged twice this month?

Solved!

Charged twice this month?

I upgraded from a Premium subscription to a Premium for Family subscription this month. I appear to have been charged twice as follows:

- My normal Premium charge of £9.99 was taken on 8th April

- My new Premium for Family charge of £14.99 was taken on 29th April

Can anyone tell me why this is, please? When I log into my account it just says I have the one Premium for Family account.

Is it because my Premium for Family renewal date falls before my Premium renewal date (ie. on the 29th rather than the 8th of the month), meaning they've crossed over somehow? I just want to make sure I don't get charged twice going forward.

Cheers,

Dan

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @lexicat101,

Just to follow up on what @A_Musicophile said, there's a useful Spotify Answer on this exact topic which you can check out here.

Make sure to scroll down to the heading that reads I want to upgrade to Family, but I'm already on a Premium subscription. How will I be charged?

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions 😉

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi Dan,

Seeing as you have made the switch to a family premium arrangement, it's probably charging you because you have switched to a new service i.e. the payment for the previous premium subscription will not roll over to your new family plan payment. Is the new family plan under the same email address as the premium alone or is this plan under a different email address?

Best,

A

Also, from now on, the 29th of each month is when £14.99 only should be taken from your bank account.

Thanks for the reply! It's all stayed under the one email address: I just updgraded from premium to Family on the same account.

Marked as solution

Hey @lexicat101,

Just to follow up on what @A_Musicophile said, there's a useful Spotify Answer on this exact topic which you can check out here.

Make sure to scroll down to the heading that reads I want to upgrade to Family, but I'm already on a Premium subscription. How will I be charged?

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions 😉

Thanks, Peter!

Suggested posts