Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged twice via PayPal

Charged twice via PayPal

Hi there!

Well yesterday something quite unpleasant happened, after 6 months of using Spotify Family Premium. My preapproved payment via PayPal was scheduled to be made on the 18th of September, but unfortunately my bank account was empty (sh*t happens, lol). On the 19th I checked my account on Spotify and realised that

Spotify was asking me to create a new Family Premium. So, I started all over again, by sending invitations to my family members and paying manually via PayPal, in order not to lose my subscription.
Then, two days after, on the 21st of September a preapproved payment was made and I end up being charged twice - for the same month - in just two days.
All I'm asking is 1) is there any chance I'm being charged with two different subscriptions (and going to be charged twice each month) or 2) PayPal attempted the prepapproved payment after my account was full again and I could ask to be refunded as I had already paid for it?

PS: Currently, my Spotify account informs me that my Family Premium will be automatically renewed on 19th of October and I will be charged 10.99 euros.

Thanks in advance! I'm looking forward to your replies.

🙂

5 Replies

Hey @Hope10.

Thanks for getting in touch!

You are writing that you have paid maually via PayPal. Could you give some info on how you did this? We don't accept manual payments. The only way to pay for Premium is by subscribing on our website and then we'll charge you.

If you manually transferred money to us, you can expect it back within a few business days.

Hope that solves the issue! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day 🙂

Τhanks for your respond, @Guido

I logged into my account at spotify.com and two options came up for me so
as to pay for my subscription. As the monthly preapproved payment hadn't
been made by then, I chose to pay manually via PayPal.
Is there anything that I should do in order to receive a refund?

Thanks in advance!

Τhanks for your respond, @Guido

I logged into my account at spotify.com and two options came up for me so
as to pay for my subscription. As the monthly preapproved payment hadn't
been made by then, I chose to pay manually via PayPal.
Is there anything that I should do in order to receive a refund?

Thanks in advance!

Hey @Hope10

In order to recieve a refund follow this post.

Hope this helps!

Hey there @Hope10,

Thanks for getting back in touch 🙂

It's possible that you have two accounts, both on as Premium for Family plan owners at the moment. You can check this by heading to your subscription page here and looking at previous payments. 

You can also check this support site article on how to check if you have more accounts.

Another idea is to check your email inboxes for Spotify receipts as we send one at the beginning of a subscription. Once you find one, scroll down until you see the username of the account. Then, head here and check if it's the same as the one displayed.

Let us know how that goes 🙂

/K

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts