Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Church account

Church account

Hey. I'm looking to set up a business account so that the people in our church can get Church made playlists for people to go to. 

How do I go about doing that? Is it different than a personal account? 

Thanks. 
Steve 

2 Replies

Hey @StevenJames_85, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Spotify is intended for personal, non-commercial use as stated in the T&C's. In your case, to make sure you're following the T&C's, it's best to get started with Soundtrack your Brand here.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The service suggested by Billy-J is Soundtrack Your Brand, not Soundtrack your Band.

And it is meant for businesses that want to play music in a commercial environment, such as a retail store, or a restaurant or bar, or a hair salon, where large groups of people will hear the music, on the premises of the business.

The original post says that they want to "to set up a business account so that the people in our church can get Church made playlists for people to go to."

It doesn't sound like they need a business account. All they want to do is share playlists with members of the church.

The pastor of a church, or someone else working at the church, such as the music minister, can set up a Spotify account and share playlists with members of the church, by sending them a link through e-mail, or posting a link to the playlists on the church website. This would NOT violate the terms and conditions of an individual account.

The only thing you have to keep in mind is that for an individual account, only one person can have the password. If there is a group or team building the playlists that are recommended to members of the church, that group of people has to do that task offline, and submit recommendations to the person who owns the Spotify account, and then the account owner has to construct the playlists and provide the links. You can't have one account with lots of different people logging in. That would violate the terms and conditions. An individual Spotify account cannot be shared by multiple users.

Any member of the church that wants to listen to a recommended playlist will have to have their own account.

EGX

Suggested posts