Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Combining two Premium accounts into one Duo account

Combining two Premium accounts into one Duo account

Hey!

My wife and I both have separate Premium accounts and I was looking to move to a Duo account since it just overall makes more sense for the two of us. If I were to switch to a Duo subscription, then send her the invite to Duo, would this force her to make a new account or would she be able to keep her own? Is there anything she needs to do to make this happen? Would she need to cancel her premium subscription to accept the Duo invite?

Thanks,

Patrick.

12 Replies

Hey there @ThePatL

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

When entering the Premium Duo plan users don't need to create a new account. Only the subscription type and the price change compared to the regular Premium, but your account keeps the same settings, music collection and playlists. Your wife will keep her own account. She just needs to accept the invite you send her.   

If your wife already has Premium with us, her billing switches automatically - she won’t need to cancel anything.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

I have a similar situation.

Will my girlfriend's account automatically switch to paying $0? Since I signed up for Duo, my account is now charging me 12.99/month, but hers should go to $0 instead of the 9.99 she was paying right?

Hi there @Rmboaz,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We'll gladly give you more information about the Premium Duo subscription.

That's right. After your girlfriend has accepted your invitation to the Premium Duo, there is going to be only one active subscription. The previous one will be automatically cancelled.

If you have further questions, we are here for you.

Take care! 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi, thanks for the info so far. 

How can I invite my wife to Duo? Will there be a button after I switch from Premium to Duo in profile settings or something?

Hey @noscrobbling,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly shed some light on how the invites work.

After upgrading to Premium Duo the plan manager will have the option to send out an invite in the subscription section of their account overview page

The invited members will then receive a link to join, where they need to log in to their own account  and confirm their address. If they don't have an account yet, thy'll have the option to create one.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a nice day

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, 

At first, i was on Deezer and my wife on Spotify  which is not the best way for sharing playlists.

So i decided to move on Spotify and subscribed a premium duo account for my wife and i.

Unfortunately she thought that she will lose everything on her account (favorites, playlists...) that why i canceled duo. Now i'm just trial premium and she moved to duo premium.

Are you still with me ?

She send to me an invitation, but i cannot finish the "link" procedure. I have a message "There is à problem try later", i tried in private navigation, nothing work diring the last 3 days and two New invitations. 

So, help !!! 

Regards

PS: sorry for the long story

Dr. Chipo 

Hey @DrChipo,

Rest assured, the music collection of a Spotify account remains intact, no matter the changes to the subscription. So you'll both keep your tunes, even if you revert to free 🙂

And just to make sure we're on the same page - you started a Duo subscription, but canceled it and now your wife has started one, right? In that case you must wait for your trial to end and for your account to revert to free. You should then be able to accept the invite your wife sent you without a problem. You can double check the date your trial ends in your account overview page

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator

That's it, she started one duo premium. 

I will wait until the end of trial account.

If it doesn't work, i'll come back to you.

Regards

Dr. Chipo 

Hello - my husband is running into an issue when confirming his address directly from my invite to join Duo. He already has a premium account, accepted the invite, confirmed his Spotify account and when he went to enter our address - which he entered exactly as it showed in my account - he received a 'There Was A Problem' page that just said 'try again' or 'cancel' - and the 'try again' did not work either. Where is the issue? What is our next step? Please help.

Hey there @annieok

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

We'd first recommend asking your husband to give it another try using an incognito window or a different browser/device.

If the issue is still there, we'd suggest reaching out to our Support team here so they can take a look at the accounts and explain what might be happening. 

Don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up. 

Have a good one.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I invited my wife to duo, the link she clicked takes her to a new account with none of her music. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Hey @Jnellums,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Most probably the invitation was issued to a different account and your wife is now in a different account. It's best for her to check out this page to find out if this is indeed the case. If she finds her original account, you can remove the invited account and invite her original account.

Hope this clears things a bit.

Cheers!

DianModerator

Suggested posts