Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Conflicting gift card expiry information

Solved!

Conflicting gift card expiry information

Hi there, I've looked everywhere I can but can't find a specific answer to clear up this confusion:

In the T&C for gift cards (https://www.spotify.com/us/legal/gift-card/) it says clearly that "cards do not expire, and no inactivity fees or service fees apply."

On the support website, however, it says that "gift cards are valid for 12 months from date of purchase." (https://support.spotify.com/us/account_payment_help/subscription_information/spotify-gift-cards/)

So which is it? Can I sit on a gift card that I purchased online for more than a year or do I have to use it within that year? If it is the latter, I suggest you make that more clear in your T&C because it's quite confusing.

Thanks for the help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed!

I've had an update from the teams backstage and they've said that you're gift cards in the US have no expiry date! 

The right folks have been notified about the error in the information that you read and are looking to amend this as soon as possible! 

If you need anything else, let me know 

/es

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @user-removed!

I'm going to get this passed across to the right folks at Spotify to get a clarification on this for you! 💬 

I'll be back as soon as I get a response! 

/es

Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed!

I've had an update from the teams backstage and they've said that you're gift cards in the US have no expiry date! 

The right folks have been notified about the error in the information that you read and are looking to amend this as soon as possible! 

If you need anything else, let me know 

/es

Hi @EthanS1, thanks so much for all your help! I appreciate it a lot.

I don't see it resolved on the website, adding to more confusion.

Hey @mit_sp,
Apologies, This has been logged internally and I have requested this is expedited.
Thanks for letting me know!

Hi All,
This issue has now been fixed, if you are not seeing the fix then I'd recommend following your browsers instructions for clearing your cache and cookies and then restarting your device!

Take Care,
/es

This is posted 3 years ago as resolved but it is still a problem on the website. US law says gift cards cannot expire for 5 years but the website still says they expire in one year. 

Hey @BiteMeBunches,

Thanks for flagging this!

The info on our support page has been updated.

Let us know if there's anything else.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts