Confusion over subscription fee charges: premium vs family subscription

Solved!

Confusion over subscription fee charges: premium vs family subscription

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

My Question or Issue

I was on a spotify free trial until march 14. on the 14th I signed up for a family subscription yet I still got charged for a basic premium account, and now I see that my next family subscription payment is due in early april. I confused why I was charged for a regular premium account even though I signed up for the family subscription that day and the family subscription charge is coming only a few weeks after i was charged for the premium fee.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @munkeyskipper.

When you upgrade from regular Premium to Premium for Family, your billing date will be brought forward - this is why 3 April appears as your billing date, rather than 14 April.

This is because the charge of 9.99 CAD for regular Premium has been applied to the Family plan. Since the Family plan costs more, your Premium time will be shortened to approximately 20 days.

After this, your billing date for the Family plan will be 3 April every month, and you will be charged the price of the Family plan (14.99 CAD).

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions, just let me know 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @munkeyskipper, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Thanks for reaching out. Can you send me a screenshot of your Receipts page? Please make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the community.

Also, the reason your billing date changes when you change plans is because of the price change - which brings your billing date forward.

Keep me posted, I look forward to helping out 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

i was having this same plan change problem and it is that the bill date moves forward because of the price change.

sorry for any inconvenience.

Hi there - this is what my receipt looks like from March 14.  And then when I got 'account overview' it says "Premium for Family. Your plan will automatically renew on 2019-04-03 and you'll be charged 14.99 CAD + tax." Thanks!

spotifyreceipt.png
Marked as solution

Hey @munkeyskipper.

When you upgrade from regular Premium to Premium for Family, your billing date will be brought forward - this is why 3 April appears as your billing date, rather than 14 April.

This is because the charge of 9.99 CAD for regular Premium has been applied to the Family plan. Since the Family plan costs more, your Premium time will be shortened to approximately 20 days.

After this, your billing date for the Family plan will be 3 April every month, and you will be charged the price of the Family plan (14.99 CAD).

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions, just let me know 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts