Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Credit Card Update Fails

Credit Card Update Fails

I recently received an updated credit card. I was able update 7 other accounts that bill to this card but Spotify keeps returning this error:

"Something went wrong. Please try again, or go to our support."

Nothing works.

Is there a phone number to call to speak to someone about this? I can't seem to find one. My account will be billed in 2 days.

13 Replies

Hey @perrito_blanco!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. Can you try this process using another browser or Incognito Mode? It might also be worth trying another device or a different internet connection.

Keep me posted and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I tried 4 different browsers and incognito mode in 2. Same error. Spotify chat was zero help. They said to try another method of payment. It's literally the same card it was billing to before. Stupid.

I have exactly the same problem.

Tried everything - multiple browsers, incognito, clear cache, all with the same unhelpful error.

Please fix the software.

Hello there!

Did using a different device or a different internet connection work? If not, I'd suggest contacting the issuer of your credit card in order to ask them if any changes were made on the card that could prevent the card from processing this transaction.

Hope this helps 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Thanks for your response, but no, nothing has worked (tried several times over the past week).

I've already contacted the credit card company and they have no idea why Spotify is failing to charge the card (no attempt is made on their end). The card is working fine for my other subscriptions (Netflix, etc).

Is there any way to find out why Spotify is failing? The generic error message isn't helpful.

Hi there! I’m having the same issue. Called my CC company and they don’t understand why the payment isn’t going through. There are funds on the CC and have tried different browsers as well. 

Same issue here but with trying to purchase a family subscription. Happened last weekend, and thought I would give it some time. Nope still doesn't work. This card works as I just used it online for something else.

Had same issue since last night, tried several times and all the things mentioned in some of the suggestions here, and it still did not resolve it UNTIL....i tried entering a wrong cvv deliberately to see if i get the different error. It gave the same error. And then i entered the correct cvv and voila! Just able to update it finally. Try if tht works for you.

Super Strange.

Hello there!

If you still haven't been able to solve the issue, I'd recommend you create another topic on the Help boards in order to get help faster. Also, @perrito_blanco, can you try doing this process with a different payment method?

Keep me posted 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

I still cannot enter my credit card.

What good would adding another post/topic do? This one accurately describes the situation, with lots of folks clearly experiencing the same problem.

The question is: Is Spotify doing anything about this problem? Or are we just complaining to ourselves here?

Hello there!

In this case, I'd recommend you contact Support so they can take a look backstage and hopefully solve your issue. You can do this from here.

Keep me posted 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hi, I am also having the same, very frustrating problem. I need to update the CC for my next payment, however its absolutely not letting me, no matter what I try. Please don’t ask me to call my CC company (did that), or do all of the other browser stuff (did that), or use another device (did that many times). This is not an issue with us, it’s an issue with Spotify. If they want to get paid, this needs to be fixed. I have yet to find a way to actually contact the company directly, which is extremely obnoxious. This is a paid service, one expects real help with issues. I have also not been able to find a remotely helpful answer in their “Help” section. The link you gave to contact them, I may be missing it, but please help point me in the right direction on that links page as to where I can actually contact them, I can’t seem to see it. Thank you for your time.

Hello @TobyWinston,

Thanks for your reply. The options to contact Spotify may be different depending on your region and language. You can reach out to Spotify by filling the contact form provided here, or in social media like Twitter or Facebook.

Hope this helps clear things up!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts