Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Credit card error when trying to subscribe to a family plan

Credit card error when trying to subscribe to a family plan

Hello, I'm from Brazil and trying to subscribe to a family plan. I'm using Neon Bank (it's a digital credit card / physical debit card) and it is not working. First, when I put all the data and press 'continue', there's some kind of time thingie, then nothing happens, just the screen as it was. When I try it again, it says "payment failure, please try a different method or wait a few days". There is no reason why this should be happening and I do not want to use a different method. It's a card that is used specifically for this kind of internet transaction. I am not the owner of the card - should I make an account for my father and try using his account as the main one for the family plan?

Thank you!

3 Replies

Hey @silkymoonshine, welcome to the Spotify Community!

In this case, could you make sure that your payment card meet these requirements? If so, we’d recommend reaching out to your bank for more info.

In the meantime, we suggest you clear the cache/cookies from your browser and try to make the payment again.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Thank you! It does meet those requirements. I've searched online and it is an absurdly common error in Brazil. After I complained in a different site (a Brazilian site similar to Yelp!), Spotify replied to me in less than five minutes trying to identify the issue. Still not solved, but at least someone contacted me about it.

Thank you!

spotify.png

Thanks for the update @silkymoonshine!

How're you getting on now? If you still need help, just let us know 🙂

Suggested posts