Credit card not being accepted

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Canada 

Operating System

iPhone 7 - iOS 10

My Question or Issue

Hey, I have been trying to subscribe for Premium Duo but after I put in my credit card details it says ‘something went wrong’. There’s nothing wrong with the credit card info I have put in and it works for other online purchases. I have looked on the help page and I have none of the issues listed. I have tried using an incognito tab on chrome and I have tried on other days and at different times and it still won’t work. I have just signed up for the free version of Spotify this past weekend. Any insight?! Thanks!! 

7 Replies

Hey there @Bonns!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

It's important that the card if open for foreign and recurring as well as for online purchases. If you're not sure about that we'd recommend reaching out to your bank.

If it's possible, could you try subscribing with a different payment method?

Keep us posted on how it goes, we'll be here if you need more help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have noticed that my credit card expire, but with the world situation with the corona virus, i can not change my card right now. I live in panama, so i called my sister and used her credit card but the payment is not register in the plataform, but she recive notification of the bank, so i want to know what we can do because that`s a family plan and we dont want to loose it

I'm having the exact same problem here. Trying to sign up for premium duo in Canada and it won't accept any payment.

I've tried multiple credit cards, all of which are set up for recurring payments. I've tried signing up on my phone, computer, used different browsers, cleared my cache. Nothing seems to work, and it's getting pretty frustrating. This needs to be fixed or people are just going to go to the competition for their music streaming. 

I have the exact same problem!!!!!

Same problem for me, I hope Spotify can solve this one immediately.

I have tried to avail the free 3months offer, bit upon putting the credit card details it says an error has occurred.
The credit card does not have foreign pay enabled. Is there any other way to avail this offer?

I finally gave up trying, nothing worked and wasn't able to get any help. I made a PayPal account and used that option to get premium, which actually worked.

Suggested posts