NEXT STEP

Currys 6 months free code won’t work

Solved!

Currys 6 months free code won’t work

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

We purchased a laptop today from curry’s PC world and got a code for 6 months free Spotify but when I tried to create an account and enter the code it will not except it and it just says please try again.

I would be very grateful it someone could help with this matter please 

thank you

71 Replies

I have the same issue.

I've tried normal and private sessions on safari, internet explorer and chrome.

None work.

Was on a chat to support for an hour and in the end just got cut off and said that our best tech guys are working on this.

I'd appreciate some help too so I can just start listening to the music I want to with no ads.

Hey there @Dooger3,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Just to confirm, are you seeing a certain error message when this happens?

We'd also recommend trying the steps provided here to see if that does the trick.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi Katerina

I get the same message every time.

Says, something went wrong, try agin or get help.

I've tried the following too with the same result.If the said path doesn't work, let's try to place the token at the end of this URL preferably on an incognito window or different browser: https://www.spotify.com/uk/claim/currys/?code= (the new link format should now look like "https://www.spotify.com/uk/claim/currys/?code=XxXxXxXx".)

I’ve never tried spotify premium; the offer for three months free trial is still available for me. However when I press redeem in my account, it says the offer is not eligible for me. I do not understand. I’m pretty sure I do not have another account as you are suggesting. Why is this happening?

Hey there folks,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

@Dooger3: Since you mention that you've already been in touch with our support team, the best way to go about this is hanging tight. Hopefully, our tech teams will have an update for you soon 🙂

@liv24: This offer is available for users in the UK who haven't had Premium or a trial in the past. If you're seeing the error message that you aren't eligible for this offer, it's possible that you either already redeemed this code or you've had Premium in the past on your account. 

To double check the first, we'd recommend taking a look at your account following the steps here. You can also take a look at this Spotify Answer to locate any accounts you have with us.

Let us know how you get on - we'll be right here if there's anything else we can help with!

KaterinaModerator

Hi Katerina, thanks for replying so quickly! 

I am in the UK and I've never had premium Spotify before from what I know of nor a trial of free premium. I've checked my plan as you suggested and it just says the free plan. I'm pretty sure that I haven't already redeemed the code so I'm not sure what's going on 😞

I bought a TV from Curry’s and was given a free 6 months of Spotify Premium. However the site it tells you to go to (Spotify.com/currys) the green “Start Premium” button just refreshes the page. Can someone help?

Hey @RW98, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you let me know if you've tried Premium in the past? If you have, you won't be eligible for this offer. 

If you haven't tried Premium in the past, could you try redeeming your offer here using a different browser or incognito mode? 

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there @liv24,

Thanks for getting back in touch with this!

To double check, you can also take a looks at your receipts page or search your email inboxes for any previous emails from us.

Further, it's worth a shot checking with your family or friends haven’t subscribed with your payment info.  

If that isn't the case and you're still having troubles, we'd recommend reaching out to our support teams here. This way, they can take a closer look behind the scenes for you.

Keep us posted 🙂

KaterinaModerator

I tried this on Chrome, Safari and Incognito Mode but it still isn’t working 😞 I don’t have a PC so I can’t try it on desktop unfortunately 

Also I haven’t used premium in the past as it’s a brand new account

I just bought a Samsung Tablet and Ear Buds from Currys and received two of these tokens, extremely annoyed as I had premium family, which I had invited my daughters to join,  found that because they were included in the family premium that they couldn't use these tokens either.   This should be explained to people and it isn't, false advertising by Currys and Spotify.   Its a complete an utter con.

Forgot to mention I have now cancelled my subscription to spotify, daughters are not happy, but I just fed up with all these companies !!!!

Hey @RW98,

Hmm, that's odd. Does this happen with a different internet connection?

@cara10,

I've checked the terms and it doesn't mention anything about Premium Family. Could you let me know what happens when you try to redeem your offer?

Keep me posted 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I finally got it to work using the ?code= link above while in incognito mode, thank you!

There definitely is a problem with the Curry’s page https://www.spotify.com/uk/claim/currys/. If you create a new Spotify account, go back to that URL and click “Get Premium” it just reloads the same page. The only way I could redeem the code was to then use the URL https://www.spotify.com/uk/claim/currys/?code= and paste my code, as #Dooger3 suggests.  On an iPhone it will add a space before your code, so make sure you delete any space. Then when you click “Get Premium” it takes you to the payment page and you’re good to go. 

Matt

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 7 and iPad 

My Question or Issue

I’m trying to redeem my 6 months free code from curry’s and after signing up the get premium link under their logo just refreshes the page, I’ve tried on my phone and iPad. I’ve tried my phone on WiFi and 3G and it doesn’t work and I’ve downloaded chrome onto my iPad and that also doesn’t work. I’ve also tried private mode browsing, I haven’t got a desktop that I can try it on. 

Please help

Hey there @Stingray75,

Thanks for sharing this - glad to hear that this did the trick for you!

@liv24, if you're still having troubles it's worth double checking if there are any spaces on the code, like @Stingray75 suggested.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator

That link doesn't work either, i am having the same problem the page is just refreshing when I click redeem, i have also gone through my account and clicked redeem, entered the code then it's saying there is an error. What else can I do?

hello, I have only just created account for Spotify

im in a private browser

used this url : https://www.spotify.com/uk/claim/currys/?code= 
clicked get premium 

I haven't put in the code yet ! 

and I have a error message : It looks like you’re not eligible for that offer, but we found more for you.

I can confirm I have never  purchased or had a free trial before - I have only just registered with Spotify,

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 14.06.27.png

Suggested posts