Currys 6 months free code won’t work

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Curry’s Premium Code (UK)

cara10
Casual Listener

I not sure what you can do, contact spotify direct, they didn't  help me, so I cancelled spotify completely, my daughters are a little annoyed, but it saves me £15 a month for family premium.

Re: Curry’s 6 months free code won’t work

Hey there @Hannahabi,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community about this!

We'd recommend giving the following steps a try if you haven't already:

• Make sure to disable any adblockers on the web browser when accessing Spotify.com
  • Ensure that cookies are enabled. You can use this link as a guide. For Chrome users, you may need to choose Site Settings (under Privacy), then Cookies before seeing the options you can toggle.
  1. Try opening an incognito/private window from a desktop computer - there's steps on how to do this here 
  2. Copy, paste and open this link in that window: https://spotify.com/login
  3. In the same page, log in to the account you want to redeem the offer on
  4. Once logged in, copy, paste, and open the following link in the same incognito window. Note: Make sure that the URL is correct and that youend up on the page that says "Verify your code". https://www.spotify.com/claim/currys/redeem/
  5. Enter the code from Curry's and click on Get Premium.

If you're having troubles during step 2, you can also try placing the code right at the end of this URL: https://www.spotify.com/claim/currys/?code=xXxXxXx (where xXxXxXx should be the code you have).

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day :)

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

3169ary
Visitor
I’m having exactly the same problems as you. I went to local curry’s last night and after half an hour even they gave up and told me to contact their customer service.
Is this one big con to make you buy something.?
I’m not the best on computers at all but I’ve tried the suggestions below and got no where
Hope they come up with an easy fix soon or headphones may be going back.

Angeljay1981
Casual Listener

I have tried two different codes (purchased two items from Currys) both codes don't work saying that something went wrong please try again. 

I have opened a brand new spotify account so it is not because I have had premium before, it won't let me add the code unless I go to Redeem on my account page and this is where I receive the error message. 

Tried all links in private browsing window and still not working for both codes. 

No recipts on account so I know nothing has been added. 

Please can you assist, why do Currys offer 6 months when two codes have not worked for me! 

SLFuller
Casual Listener
I'm having the same problem with my Samsung deal, I have never had a premium account and everything I do will not let me off the opening page.

Do you have any other tips to resolve as I'm very interested in getting started.

Thanks

Angeljay1981
Casual Listener
No tips, I cannot get it to work myself.

I am hoping someone from Spotify can assist as it’s annoying that curry’s have made a big advertisement of this and it doesn’t work!

SLFuller
Casual Listener
Glad I'm not the only person!
Solution!

Re: Currys 6 months free code won’t work

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Could you first make sure that:

• your Spotify account is set to UK
  • you've never claimed a Premium offer with your current payment method?

If so, then could you try the following steps:

1. Open an incognito window from a desktop computer, then copy, paste and open this link: https://spotify.com/login
  2. With the page open, log in to the account you want to redeem the offer on
  3. Once logged in, copy, paste, and open the following link in the incognito window: https://www.spotify.com/claim/currys/redeem/
    Note: Make sure that the URL is correct and that you end up on the page that says "Verify your code"
  4. Enter the code from Currys and click on Get Premium

If your account is eligible and the code is working, you should get the option to start a 6-month free trial of Premium - just enter your payment details and start the subscription.

If you get the message "It looks like you’re not eligible for that offer, but we found more for you", then unfortunately you're not eligible for the offer.

If you get the message "The code you entered doesn’t exist. Try again", make sure to reach out to our Customer Support team here and include the code you received, and they'll take a look into it.

Thanks!

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

Re: Currys 6 months free code won’t work

Angeljay1981
Casual Listener

Thank you for your reply. 

I have done all of the steps above and opened the window which does not say "Verify your code" all it says is 

Get 6 months of Spotify Premium for free 

Auto renews 9.99 / month after 

A button that says Get Premium which when pressed refreshes to the same page 

My account is a UK Account

No payment method has been added to this account as of yet as no code has been redeemed to add my payment method. 

Thank you for your help. 

Re: Curry’s Premium Code (UK)

x1khysenf99ii3t
Casual Listener
Yes it’s all a con by Currys and more so Spotify I wouldn’t waste your time. They will lie and tell me t doesn’t work as you have Spotify already, even if you only got Spotify today.
SUGGESTED POSTS