NEXT STEP

Currys 6 months free code won’t work

Solved!

Currys 6 months free code won’t work

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

We purchased a laptop today from curry’s PC world and got a code for 6 months free Spotify but when I tried to create an account and enter the code it will not except it and it just says please try again.

I would be very grateful it someone could help with this matter please 

thank you

71 Replies

I not sure what you can do, contact spotify direct, they didn't  help me, so I cancelled spotify completely, my daughters are a little annoyed, but it saves me £15 a month for family premium.

Hey there @Hannahabi,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community about this!

We'd recommend giving the following steps a try if you haven't already:

• Make sure to disable any adblockers on the web browser when accessing Spotify.com
  • Ensure that cookies are enabled. You can use this link as a guide. For Chrome users, you may need to choose Site Settings (under Privacy), then Cookies before seeing the options you can toggle.
  1. Try opening an incognito/private window from a desktop computer - there's steps on how to do this here 
  2. Copy, paste and open this link in that window: https://spotify.com/login
  3. In the same page, log in to the account you want to redeem the offer on
  4. Once logged in, copy, paste, and open the following link in the same incognito window. Note: Make sure that the URL is correct and that youend up on the page that says "Verify your code". https://www.spotify.com/claim/currys/redeem/
  5. Enter the code from Curry's and click on Get Premium.

If you're having troubles during step 2, you can also try placing the code right at the end of this URL: https://www.spotify.com/claim/currys/?code=xXxXxXx (where xXxXxXx should be the code you have).

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I’m having exactly the same problems as you. I went to local curry’s last night and after half an hour even they gave up and told me to contact their customer service.
Is this one big con to make you buy something.?
I’m not the best on computers at all but I’ve tried the suggestions below and got no where
Hope they come up with an easy fix soon or headphones may be going back.

I have tried two different codes (purchased two items from Currys) both codes don't work saying that something went wrong please try again. 

I have opened a brand new spotify account so it is not because I have had premium before, it won't let me add the code unless I go to Redeem on my account page and this is where I receive the error message. 

Tried all links in private browsing window and still not working for both codes. 

No recipts on account so I know nothing has been added. 

Please can you assist, why do Currys offer 6 months when two codes have not worked for me! 

I'm having the same problem with my Samsung deal, I have never had a premium account and everything I do will not let me off the opening page.

Do you have any other tips to resolve as I'm very interested in getting started.

Thanks

No tips, I cannot get it to work myself.

I am hoping someone from Spotify can assist as it’s annoying that curry’s have made a big advertisement of this and it doesn’t work!

Glad I'm not the only person!

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Could you first make sure that:

• your Spotify account is set to UK
  • you've never claimed a Premium offer with your current payment method?

If so, then could you try the following steps:

1. Open an incognito window from a desktop computer, then copy, paste and open this link: https://spotify.com/login
  2. With the page open, log in to the account you want to redeem the offer on
  3. Once logged in, copy, paste, and open the following link in the incognito window: https://www.spotify.com/claim/currys/redeem/
    Note: Make sure that the URL is correct and that you end up on the page that says "Verify your code"
  4. Enter the code from Currys and click on Get Premium

If your account is eligible and the code is working, you should get the option to start a 6-month free trial of Premium - just enter your payment details and start the subscription.

If you get the message "It looks like you’re not eligible for that offer, but we found more for you", then unfortunately you're not eligible for the offer.

If you get the message "The code you entered doesn’t exist. Try again", make sure to reach out to our Customer Support team here and include the code you received, and they'll take a look into it.

Thanks!

Thank you for your reply. 

I have done all of the steps above and opened the window which does not say "Verify your code" all it says is 

Get 6 months of Spotify Premium for free 

Auto renews 9.99 / month after 

A button that says Get Premium which when pressed refreshes to the same page 

My account is a UK Account

No payment method has been added to this account as of yet as no code has been redeemed to add my payment method. 

Thank you for your help. 

Yes it’s all a con by Currys and more so Spotify I wouldn’t waste your time. They will lie and tell me t doesn’t work as you have Spotify already, even if you only got Spotify today.
Marked as solution

Hi there all,

Thanks for hanging in there! We know it's been a while and we want to make it clear why redeeming the offer might not be working out for you. We're also giving you some additional steps to try.

All eligible users who have never had Premium before (on your current or another account), should be able to get the offer.

Note that if your account is quite old and you're getting the error message that you're not eligible, you have probably had Premium before and are not eligible. 

If you are eligible but get an error message or any issues, try this sum-up of the steps we have provided by far, plus some more:

1. Disable any adblockers on the web browser when accessing Spotify.com.
  2. Enable cookies. You can use this link as a guide. For Chrome users, you may need to choose Site Settings (under Privacy), then Cookies before seeing the options you can toggle.
  3. Open an incognito window from a desktop computer - copy, paste and open this link: https://spotify.com/login
  4. With the page open, log in to the account you want to redeem the offer on.
  5. Once logged in, you must copy, paste, and open the following link in the incognito window. Note: Make sure that the URL is correct and that you end up on the page that says "Verify your code". https://www.spotify.com/uk/claim/currys/redeem/
  6. Enter the code from Curry's and click on Get Premium.
    • If the account is eligible and the code is working, you should get the option to start a 6-month free trial of Premium. You can then enter your payment details and start the subscription. 
    • If the account isn't eligible, you should get the message "It looks like you’re not eligible for that offer, but we found more for you". If this happens, then you're not eligible for the offer. 
    • If the code isn't working, you'll get the error message "The code you entered doesn’t exist. Try again". If this happens, check the code and verify that you're entering the correct one. If you have done so, and it's still not working, proceed to step 7:
  7. If the link on step 3 didn't work, place the token at the end of this URL on the same incognito window used earlier

Let us know if any of these steps does the trick. If not, feel free to reach out to support here.

Keep us in the loop!

PetyaModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Please note I have never had premium, this is still not working for me. The only time I have downloaded the app was for this deal, it’s clearly a problem for a lot of people which is very disappointing.

Kind regards

Simon

Hello 

As per my previous response none of your links point to a page that says "Verify your code" they only point to the page that says "Get Premium" once pressed refreshes the same page. 

No where is there a area to enter a code on any of the links given. 

Why has spotify made a deal with currys when it does not even work and I have tried to separate codes from currys! 

I can’t believe the issues people are getting on this and there are no resolutions.

This is a very poor marketing ploy that has backfired, the should be something to sort out all of these unhappy customers!
Marked as solution

I've finally solved the issue for me. Hopefully this will work for someone else. 

I visited the below address via a Private Safari browser. 

https://www.spotify.com/uk/claim/currys/

Logged into my new account. Then paste the below address into your browser. Replacing the "xxxxxxx" part with the code you were given by Currys

https://www.spotify.com/uk/claim/currys/?code=xxxxxxxxxx 

At first it'll look like the link/code has not worked, but once you press the "get premium" button, the page changes!!

I don’t know if has something to do with apple products, I tried and tried on my iPad and iPhone 7 and got no where, then tried on a Lenovo 7 inch tablet which is android and the curry’s link on their website worked first time, happy days here.

To qualify for the offer it does say Apple and Beats products do not count .

so maybe Spotify have made it hard to register the code through an Apple product, just a thought, maybe completely wrong though.

This worked for me! Thanks

You might want to add that after entering the URL with your code at the end, you must press enter first, and allow the page to load up and then press join premium on that page.

Hi I got the Spotify offer from currys and had exactly your problem so I tried the solution and as you said it didn’t work and got the get premium site however I then noticed looking at the address that it had dropped the word redeem at the end so I added it pressed enter and it took me too the site verify your code and it worked free Spotify till June I hope this helps

worked!

Hey there @Hannahabi and @JonW,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and glad to hear that @MusicLover19992's tip did the trick!

We've marked it as a solution so it's more visible for users having a similar issue.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout here in the Community if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts