Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deactivated Facebook account tied to Spotify

Deactivated Facebook account tied to Spotify

My Question or Issue

My old Facebook account was deactivated and is tied to my Spotify account. I cannot access it as my profile is a series of numbers. How do I access my account if I can't access it through my old Facebook? 

5 Replies

Hey there @brooker807,

If you intialy created a Spotify account using FB, i'd suggest reactivating the account, create a new mail based account and reach out to support to have them merged so you can have you data transfered from one to another.

Let me know if you need further help 😃

Thank you! The one I am using right now is email based. Where do I go to get them merged? Here, the community?

Hey @brooker807.

Thanks for getting back to us!

You can request a password by putting the numbers you see into the field. You should regain access to your account that way, and will be able to use the account.

You can decide if you want a new account though. If you do, make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists. You can then visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You’ll be able to visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your old username (the numbers you see now).

Hope it's a bit clear. Let us know if you have further questions 🙂

Have a nice day!

Thank you @Guido

I put the numbers in that link but my email is connected to my old Facebook that I cannot access. I did not receive an email to reset my password and regain access.

My old email w/ that FB account is not working either.

How do I end my premium membership without accessing that account?

I'll try to find them all in the public to access my folders.

Hey @brooker807.

Thanks for getting back to us.

In that case it sounds like it's best to get in touch with support. They should be able to find and manage your subscription for you through the payments system. You can get in touch with support here.

Hope it will work! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts