Plan

Family Premim

Country Uk

Device

(iPhone 7, iPad, amazon echo

Operating System

(iOS 11 and Amazon Echo

My Question or Issue

My family subscription is working fine for all users.

Except for a couple of things which seem to have happened recently

firstly if I am using my iPhone in the car linked to my account my music will stop and I will be told I'm playing a different song on the amazon echo home. In truth this is another family member playing their own stuff through the echo. This used to happen before we has a family subscription- which is understandable - but surely not when we have a family product ?

secondly my recommendations seem to now include artists who I know are favourites of other family members, certainly not mine. It's almost as if we are logging in using the same account details but we're definite not 

Any help greatly appreciated 

Nick

1 Reply

Hey @Nick4275.

Hope you're doing well!

It sounds like you have connected your Spotify account to the Amazon Echo. This means that if another person starts listening via the home speaker, your music in the car will be stopped. Make sure that people that want to listen to music at home, that they select their own account.

Accounts within a family plan aren't linked to eachother except for the fact that they share a subscription. You won't get any recommendations based on another persons listening behavior, except for when this person is using your account. 

If you find that it's a bit too much work to toggle between accounts on the Amazon Echo, you could create an extra account just for the home speaker. That way everybody can enjoy their own music without it being interrupted by accident. 

We hope that does the trick. Please let us know if you have further questions 🙂

Suggested posts