Did my gift card work? I'm still being asked for credit card details

Plan

Premium

Country

Singapore 

Device

iPhone 7 + Samsung Galaxy Note 8

My Question or Issue

This is the 2nd time a credit card that i keep ONLY for my Spotify subscription has been subject to fraudulent purchases, so the bank has again blocked this new card. Naturally I have reason to suspect that it might be leaked from Spotify's end, but i have no proof as my previous enquiry on the 1st incident (which was a while back), your staff had claimed they were confident there was no breach on their end - so i did not think it was worth my effort to point fingers this time again.

For safety sake, I bought a 6 month Spotify gift card and entered it via my iPhone app in order to avoid putting another credit card on your system. I thought the gift card worked as the app said the code was accepted, but somehow the Spotify app still kept asking for my credit card to keep my Premium.

Now Premium is suspended even though i had used my Spotify gift card, and i can't log back into the app without downgrading to free, which i'm fearful to do for fear it causes any hiccups with my subscription with all this confusion.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ysc, thanks for writing!

According to what you're letting us know, it's possible that Spotify is trying to take your monthly payment even though your Premium subscription has been paid for with the gift card you entered.

In this case, our best suggestion would be to cancel your subscription from here. This way, the payment method that you previously had registered on your account should be removed and Spotify won't try to take any more payments. You should be able to enjoy your Premium subscription as usual after that.

We hope this helps. Have an amazing day.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @ysc, thanks for writing!

According to what you're letting us know, it's possible that Spotify is trying to take your monthly payment even though your Premium subscription has been paid for with the gift card you entered.

In this case, our best suggestion would be to cancel your subscription from here. This way, the payment method that you previously had registered on your account should be removed and Spotify won't try to take any more payments. You should be able to enjoy your Premium subscription as usual after that.

We hope this helps. Have an amazing day.

Suggested posts