Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disconnect from Facebook and still charge me

Disconnect from Facebook and still charge me

Plan

Premium

My Question or Issue

This is not the account I use for payment.

Just ask some questions.

Is it normal to charge me if I have already disconnect from Facebook?

As far as I remember, if you registered Spotify with Facebook account, then you log in with your email account, it would automatically log you in with the Facebook account, no option in the app can disconnect them. I disconnect Facebook and Spotify by Facebook's app connection option long times ago so I am not sure.

Since I could not registered a new account with my email anymore and if I logged in with email account and it would auto connect Facebook, I assume that Spotify use the email provided by Facebook and register my email in their server. 

After that I disconnect them, I then can use the same email account to register the Spotify. Months later, I checked Paypal and found that Spotify charge me 2 times per month. I ask the customer support and they told me they will not refund because these are 2 accounts. How could the customer know if they use the same email accounts to log in? 

1 Reply

Hey @ced0,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Keep in mind that the charges a user receives for their Premium subscription are not influenced by whether or not the account was created through or connected to Facebook. You can read more on Spotify and Facebook here

It's possible that you created secondary accounts with your email on our website and not through Facebook. You can use this guide to find any such accounts. The subscription status and billing date is visible for all account at any time in the account page

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts