Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discounts for regular users

Discounts for regular users

Plan

Premium

Country

Noeway

Device

Sony Xperia X Performance

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I have been an active user of spotify for around 10 years, and I've consistently been buying the yearly discounted 1-year offer for spotify premium.

You've now 1) raised the general monthly price and 2) seemingly cut out the ONE convenient offer that I come back for every year.
It's incredibly stupid of you not to include discounts with your bulk offers of 3, 6 or 12 months, like other providers of almost any other subscription service. It makes us as costumers feel less valued for sticking with you all these years.
I would like Spotify to have a constant discount the more months you pay for, or at least bring back the yearly offer you've had before.

If you want to make your customers happy, like you keep saying, you will give us some simple benefits like this.
I've been a paying customer for years, and I don't feel like you're giving anything back, so I've been considering just changing to a different service all together, that provide benefits for people that do commit to longer periods of time, and I'm not alone in wanting new offers.

7 Replies

Hey @Severinsen95,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

I'd recommend that you add your support to this idea to let Spotify know that it's something you'd like to see implemented.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Can you offer me a special discount price in order to keep my subscription?  I don't qualify for the student discount and the family subscription won't work.  I don't want to cancel.

Hey @katrinarnunez01,

I'd recommend checking out this support article: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/subscription_information/spotify-new-subscriber-off...

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star

Thanks, but none of these offers work for me. I am looking for an offer
that will lower my monthly subscription in order to keep my account with
Spotify.

Hey @katrinarnunez01,

Spotify has various other offers throughout the year. I'd recommend keeping an eye out and perhaps you'll be able to find a suitable offer in the future. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Please tell me exactly what offers you are speaking of, that are not for first time users or students.
You had ONE offer, and that's the one you cut. I know this is what you're told to say, but it's clearly not something that actually happens, and instead of thinking that we're naive idiots, you can relay this information to your superiors.

My subscription is cancelled until further notice, because I will NOT support companies that don't value their customers in any shape or form.

Hey there @Severinsen95,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, we don't offer discounts to long-term subscribers at the moment. You can read more about this here

However, we’re always offering trials or deals where you can get Spotify Premium for a fraction of the regular price, or even free. In this case, we'd recommend keeping an eye out on our current offers to see what trials or offers we have available if you decide to upgrade again in the future. Please note that offers are usually available for a specified time.

We'd also recommend voting in this idea and leaving your feedback, that @Maxim has shared previously. If you'd like more information on how the Ideas Exchange works, make sure to head here.

Take care 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts