Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Do I need Premium or Family for My Situation?

Solved!

Do I need Premium or Family for My Situation?

I want to upgrade to Spotify Premium to take advantage of the features and get rid of the ads.  I want to use Spotify in 3 places:  on my phone, on my laptop (at work and when traveling), and at home via my Roku TV.  Can I get just one Premium account for $9.99/month and be able to do all 3 anytime I want?  Or is this 3 accounts so I need the family plan?  If Premium allows me to do this, can two streams be used at once, like me on my phone on the road and my wife at home on the TV/Roku?  Or does Spotify Premium only allow 1 stream to go at once? I did try to research this but couldn't find the answer.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @PabloSanDiego!

If you need two streams you need a family plan and a second account included in that plan for the second stream. Other than that you don't need family plan to use Spotify on different devices. It won't be an issue since you will be using only one account on all of them. Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any other 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @PabloSanDiego!

If you need two streams you need a family plan and a second account included in that plan for the second stream. Other than that you don't need family plan to use Spotify on different devices. It won't be an issue since you will be using only one account on all of them. Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any other 🙂

Thank you, that makes sense. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

@PabloSanDiego

You are welcome, have a nice day!

Suggested posts