Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does the free 3 months of premium work with premium codes?

Solved!

Does the free 3 months of premium work with premium codes?

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

ASUS Zenbook 14

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Currently, as you all know, there is a deal of when you have your first purchase of premium, you get 3 months free. I am planning to buy a premium code at some point, and I was wondering if I was to buy it, and redeem the code before the free 3 months end, would I still get the free 3 months. Please let me know, thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ramanamoru,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, If you buy a gift card or a prepaid premium code you won't be able to benefit from the 3-months free offer.

You'd need to subscribe from our website for a recurring subscription in order to get that. As I've mentioned before, you can cancel that at any moment and still use the remaining time to enjoy your premium features.

Let me know if you have other questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @ramanamoru,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

The free 3 months of Premium are intended as a trial for new users who've never been on Spotify Premium before.

It only works with recurring plans paid via Card, PayPal, phone bill and others, depending on your country. It doesn't work with gift cards and voucher codes. In order for the system to verify that you've never had Premium before, you'd need to subscribe with a payment method never used to pay for a Spotify Premium subscription. 

There is no initial cost, as the first payment will be deducted in the end of the 3-month period. During that time you can cancel your Premium plan at any time and won't be charged.

Hope this clears things up 🙂

AlexModerator

So, since I'm buying a premium code for the first time (I have never had premium before), I would not get the free 3 months, if I am reading this correctly?
Marked as solution

Hey @ramanamoru,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, If you buy a gift card or a prepaid premium code you won't be able to benefit from the 3-months free offer.

You'd need to subscribe from our website for a recurring subscription in order to get that. As I've mentioned before, you can cancel that at any moment and still use the remaining time to enjoy your premium features.

Let me know if you have other questions.

AlexModerator

Ah, alright. Thank you!

if i use a gift card and afterwards use a card will it still give me free premium for 3 months or not?

Hi @Zivo,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

As @Alex explained above, the free offer is only for users who never had Premium services before and want to make a monthly subscription (which means to use a recurring payment method). If you first use a gift card (which is a prepaid payment method) this will make you account ineligible for the free trial offer, as you'd already have tested it with the gift card. So the short answer is no, you'll not get the 3 free months if you have used a gift card before.

We hope this clears things up. Take care!

Kiril Moderator

Suggested posts