Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Double Charged when I signed up for Student Premium

Double Charged when I signed up for Student Premium

I was double charged the $4.99+tax cost as soon as I signed up for the student discounted Premium Package. I searched the help options on this spotify website and nothing gave me an answer... i wound up reading hundreds of messages from other people who were double charged. I did not hit the sign up button twice and the subscription on my account says i'll be charged again next month. Better not be doubled... or I'm going to cancel. But I even read some snippets about people who have tried to cancel and still been charged. V scared. It's a non material amount of money but I'd really like not to have to pay double or this whole student discount is pointless. Thanks!

2 Replies

I just got double charged as well but the second charge was up to $43.00 I am not paying that so I just canceled I'm going to start looking for a number because I am not okay with this.

Hey @jess7817 @Vladhawkes

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/student_discount/i-paid-for-the-student-discount-bu...

No matter if student verification was successful or failed, a temporary charge goes through. These are only temporary charges on your credit card and they should disappear in a few days. The only charge that you actually have to pay for is if you were successfully verified for the student discount.

If you're having trouble signing up for the student discount, you can submit for manual verification (as a head's up, this can take up to 12 hours to process). For more info, check out Spotify Support and SheerID Support. If your school is not listed, you can submit this feedback form to SheerID.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts