Country
Czech Republic

Device

Lenovo P70

Operating System

Android 5.1

My Question or Issue

Hi Team,

I have just discovered that since activating Premium for Family on April 14, I have been double charged twice (April, May), ie. €5.99 for Premium, as well as €8.99 for Family.

Billing details follow:

<Moderator edit: Removed payment details>

Please review and refund. I am happy to provide additional information upon request. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Peter,

The double charge has been resolved with Spotify Support. The problem was that one family member initially subscribed to a 3-month offer with one email address and then used a different one with the Family sub.

Thank you for your time and advice. Tom

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hey @logravity.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

There's a really useful article about this issue - make sure to check it out here and let us know if it helped you resolve your issue.

If not, then get back to us and we'll see what we can suggest next.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply 🙂

Hi @Peter,

It looks like this scenario applies:

Check with your friends/family to see if anyone you know subscribed with your payment details.

I used my payment (debit card) details multiple times to pay for my mother's and sister's Premium accounts some time ago and then switched to the Family plan myself, inviting them to join, thinking Spotify takes measures to avoid multiple charges. What do I do then, please? They are part of my Family plan now, do they still have the Premium plan active somehow? How do I resolve this? Should I remove my card details from their accounts or can you make things right for me?

Thank you!

Hey @logravity.

Thanks for getting back to us.

It's possible that one of your Family members has two accounts: one which is still on Premium, and a separate one which is now part of the Family plan.

Could you ask them if they have a secondary account, and if they're unsure, then could you refer them to this support article, which will help them find their other account?

Keep us posted 🙂

Hi @Peter,

I double checked with the rest family members and it looks like they all only have one Spotify account. One oddity I noticed in my Family plan details is that my father's account shows up with my name, however the email address is correct/his.

If I provide you with the account details, would you be able to look into this with me in a non-public side-channel somehow?

FYI I got charged twice again on June 19 and 20..

Cheers, Tomas

Hey @logravity.

Thanks for getting back to us.

The best thing to do at this point is to reach out to our Customer Suppor team here. They will be able to take a closer look backstage and see what's happening.

Keep us posted and let us know how it goes!

Hi @Peter,

I have sent a "Question" to your Support now as well. It is VERY difficult to find a straightforward way to open a ticket with you guys, I find that disturbing.

Please do NOT tag this thread as Solved yet.

Thank you for your assistance so far. Tomas

BTW @Peter, how does the Support communication work, please? Is it via email or in some sort of a Support Portal (URL?), will I receive an email notification when a reply comes? What is the usual/average time for them to reply? Nothing has come back yet. Thanks!

Hey @logravity.

Thanks for your question 🙂

If you've contacted our Customer Support team via email, then you should have received an automated confirmation email saying that they will get back to you within 48 hours. 

If they haven't done so, do you mind replying to the confirmation email with your request? They should get back to you shortly after that.

Hope that helps - keep us posted 🙂

Hi @Peter,

I received a reply and have replied to Gabrielle with Support.

More feedback about my case to follow (NOT Solved yet), I will keep updating this thread, so others can use the information when dealing with similar cases.

Thanks, Tom

Marked as solution

Hi @Peter,

The double charge has been resolved with Spotify Support. The problem was that one family member initially subscribed to a 3-month offer with one email address and then used a different one with the Family sub.

Thank you for your time and advice. Tom

Hey @logravity.

Glad to hear that you were able to get that sorted out with the help of our Customer Support team 🙂

Let us know if there's anything else - we'll be right here!

spotify:track:124NFj84ppZ5pAxTuVQYCQ

Hi @Peter, yeah I am happy about the resolution as well.

However that Drake song was an unnecessary addition to my already upset stomach -- I have a better taste than that 😄

Thanks anyway, I appreciate the effort. Tom

Hi,

same issue with this How do I get a refund?

I was before subscribed to solo Premium worth 129PHP (Philippine Peso), Last FEB 2019 we decided to change the plan to Family worth 194PHP (Philippine Peso) I cancelled the SOLO PREMIUM prior to subscribing to Family.

When I recently checked my bank account, I was charged double since FEB to AUG for the following subscription:

129PHP (Philippine Peso) - Solo Premium 

194PHP (Philippine Peso) - Family Premium

I would like to FULLY cancel the SOLO PREMIUM and keep the Family Premium. And refund the 129PHP (Philippine Peso) - Solo Premium since FEB until recent.

Please assist me with this. I am in the Philippines and I cannot get a hold on Spotify Customer Support.

You can email me on the email attached to the community profile. Thank you!

Suggested posts