NEXT STEP

Double subscription to Family plan

Double subscription to Family plan

Plan

Family

Country

Spain

Device

(iPhone 6,  Iphone 7, Sansung Galaxy S6)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

My family and I subscribed to the Family plan (paid in full for a year) back in December, in exchange for the premium that I had myself. Nothing changed and my parents were unable to log in, so today I canceled my premium plan and tried to subscribe again. Now the webpage says that I’ll be charged 14,99$ on 09/14/19? A nonsense. I just want my plan back with the yearly Family subscription and avoid double charges. Thanks!

3 Replies

Hey Andrews38!

Hmmm...That does sound a bit odd! My advice would be to contact customer support HERE.

Hope this helps!

Oburger04

Hi @Andrews_38, thanks for writing!

Who did the subscription process back in December?

When we subscribe to Premium, Spotify sends us an e-mail with the purchase receipt. It contains the information about it, including usermane.

Please double check if you're logging in with the correct credentials.

Besides, you can check here if you have more than one account (and logging in the wrong one).

Let me know if this helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @Andrews_38

Just to add to what @Bittencourt said, keep in mind that if you purchase one year worth of Premium, and then switch to Premium for Family, the next billing date will be moved forward because of the price difference between the two subscription types. This may explain why you will get charged earlier for Premium for Family. Your regular Premium subscription should've ended automatically if you upgraded the same account, so make sure to check out @Bittencourt's steps.

All the best! 

Suggested posts