Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downgrade to duo from family not possible?

Solved!

Downgrade to duo from family not possible?

Hi there,

after the prices will increase I checked my needs. I only need "Duo" and not "Family" anymore.

How can I downgrade to Duo?

In the web version of spotify under "subscription - change subscription" I just find Family and "free" to choose. No option for others.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Stefan_0001,

Thanks for reaching out.

In this case, you'll first need to cancel your current subscription and wait for it to end. Once it has ended, you can upgrade to Premium Duo here.

Once that's done, you can re-invite the member of your choice following these steps.

Instructions on how to cancel and how that affects your account can be found at https://support.spotify.com/article/cancel-premium/.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Stefan_0001,

Thanks for reaching out.

In this case, you'll first need to cancel your current subscription and wait for it to end. Once it has ended, you can upgrade to Premium Duo here.

Once that's done, you can re-invite the member of your choice following these steps.

Instructions on how to cancel and how that affects your account can be found at https://support.spotify.com/article/cancel-premium/.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Maxim,

thx for your reply. Does it mean the other member or I will lose playlists etc.?

Br

Hey there @Stefan_0001,

Thanks for the question!

Once the Family plan expires, the accounts in the plan will revert to the free service. However, reverting to free doesn't affect the account itself. You and all of your family members will keep your current Spotify accounts and all saved music. The only thing that will change is the subscription status.

When you're back on free, you can subscribe to Duo right away and invite a member to join the plan. After you've re-subscribed, you'll just need to resync any music that you want available for offline listening. Also, the family members that are on free can subscribe to their own Premium subscription at any time, if they want to.

We hope this clear things up! Cheers.

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts