Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downgrading to "free" - what happens with my library, playlists, etc?

Solved!

Downgrading to "free" - what happens with my library, playlists, etc?

Hi,

I'm thinking to switch to Spotify Free - but don't want to loose all my playlists etc. I remember that in the past there was some sort of limitation on how many playlists you can have as a free user. Does this still exist? Are there any other parts of the music library that will get affected?

Thanks a bunch!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,

Any songs, playlists, artists, albums, and podcasts you saved before while you were on the Premium Plan will still be in Your Library even if you downgrade to Premium.

You'll just lose your Offline music and Premium-Only features (like being able to download songs, don't get any ads, etc).

I recommend you to take a look at this article for more info about the Spotify Free.

Hope this helps 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there,

Any songs, playlists, artists, albums, and podcasts you saved before while you were on the Premium Plan will still be in Your Library even if you downgrade to Premium.

You'll just lose your Offline music and Premium-Only features (like being able to download songs, don't get any ads, etc).

I recommend you to take a look at this article for more info about the Spotify Free.

Hope this helps 🙂

the sad part about it is you wont be able to shuffle any more.

Does it instantly downgrade all features, if my paid subscription ends in say 2 weeks and I switch to free now?

Suggested posts