Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Duo Premium - how to cancel other subscription and have only one account?

Solved!

Duo Premium - how to cancel other subscription and have only one account?

Hello! Me and my wife wanted to merge our premium accounts and take Duo Premium. Anyway, we both seem to have now the subscription and both will have the invoice. How can we cancel other subscription and have only one joint account / invoice?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @James771 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

The Premium Duo works as a single plan that allows the manager (the person who signed up for the plan) to have their own Spotify subscription and another one to their partner. In your case, considering you and your wife already have a Spotify Premium subscription, I recommend that you decide which one of you will be the manager of the Premium Duo subscription, and then the other one must cancel their current Premium subscription.
After that, the one that will be the manager of the Duo plan needs to access their account overview page and change the current subscription to the Premium Duo. After confirming, they just need to send an invitation to the partner. 

You can find more information about the Premium Duo here.

Stay awesome!

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Regards,
Luan

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, @James771 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

The Premium Duo works as a single plan that allows the manager (the person who signed up for the plan) to have their own Spotify subscription and another one to their partner. In your case, considering you and your wife already have a Spotify Premium subscription, I recommend that you decide which one of you will be the manager of the Premium Duo subscription, and then the other one must cancel their current Premium subscription.
After that, the one that will be the manager of the Duo plan needs to access their account overview page and change the current subscription to the Premium Duo. After confirming, they just need to send an invitation to the partner. 

You can find more information about the Premium Duo here.

Stay awesome!

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Regards,
Luan

LuanSpotify Star

Hello Luan,

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that we both have the Duo Premium subscription. My wife was supposed to be the manager, but we made a late change and I was finally the manager. I thought that everything was fine and I just invite her to Duo. Anyway, it wasn't possible, because my wife had also Due account. That was strange, because we didn't give the final confirmation to her subscription. However, we both have now Duo account and pay double fee. Do you have any idea, how solve this case? Can my wife simply cancel her subscription and then I invite her?

Hey again, James!
Super sorry for not getting back to you earlier...
Well, in this case, you should simply ask your wife to cancel her subscription first, and as soon as it's done, you'll be able to invite her to compose your Duo plan.

Keep me posted!

Regards,

Luan

LuanSpotify Star

Hello Luan,

Thanks again for your help and good advice. We did as you proposed and
everything should be ok now.

Have a nice summer 😊

Kind Regards,

James

Hey again, @James771 

Happy to know everything is fine now. I hope you have much fun with your wife listening to your favorite songs on Spotify.

Stay awesome and have a great summer! 🌞

Regards,

Luan

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts