Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Duplicate payment via credit card and iTunes

Duplicate payment via credit card and iTunes

It's come to my attention that I've been getting charged via iTunes subscription and also paying for the same subscription directly to Spotify with my credit card. 

The account was initially started via iTunes and then I upgraded to a premium service. It was around this time that the duplicate payments started. This has been going on for about 2 years ๐Ÿ˜ฌ 

I don't get email notifications from Spotify about ongoing payments, unlike iTunes that inform when a payment for my Spotify subscription has been made.

It has been an oversight on my behalf, not picking up on duplicate iTunes and Spotify payments, however, I find it highly unlikely that Spotify can't detect when an account is being paid for twice?! 
I have contacted Spotify customer support and so far they have refused to offer any refund, stating I need to follow up with ITunes for a refund. 
Appauling customer service! I'm sure this is happening to quite a few unsuspecting people and Spotify is enjoying the extra profits at our expense. 

5 Replies

Hey @Michmarie79, welcome to the Spotify Community!

It sounds like you have somehow been paying for two separate accounts. If you believe you're eligible for a refund, all you need to do is get in contact with Spotify support and their Accounts team can take a look backstage. The easiest way to contact them is by messaging SpotifyCares on Facebook or Twitter. They usually respond within 48 hours!

If it turns out you're ineligible for a refund (refer back to the article I linked above), there's nothing Spotify support can do. The only other option is to contact Apple and see if they'll refund it.

Please let me know if you need help with anything else ๐Ÿ™‚

I don't have an extra account and Spotify have been able to verify this. Seems 'spotifycares' DO NOT care and keep referring me back to iTunes. Not eligible for a refund even though I have proof I've paid double into the account. 

@Michmarie79,

Since your payment was completed through Apple there's nothing Spotify can do for you right now. Sorry to hear that you haven't been able to figure out your refund. If you'd like to review Spotify's refund terms and conditions again, here they are: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/payment_help/refund-policy/

You obviously donโ€™t understand that I also paid Spotify and Spotify
received payments from iTunes. All the money going into the same account.
How can you say this is a problem with iTunes? You accepted payments,
TWICE, and didnโ€™t notify me.
Unethical to say the least.
I have another team I found via email that are investigating and appear to
be slightly more helpful than the ridiculous responses Iโ€™m getting here.
If I have to take this to Spotify CEO, Daniel Ek, I will

Just thought I'd give an update and let the community know that Spotify did refund me most of the extra payments ๐Ÿ™

I contacted  them via email and finally found someone helpful who was agreed to process the refund. 

Suggested posts