Solved!

Enable Spotify for Armenia

Device

(iPhone 11 Pro Max)

Operating System

(iOS 13.)

My Question or Issue

Hi dear Spotify team.

I really hope this message will be shared in your slack channels, and product, marketing and monetization teams will take this into account.
So I live in Armenia, and I have many friend all over the world that are using Spotify and they really suggest me this product.
The thing is that I really want to use that, and I know that you recently published your product for Russia market, I was excited and thought may be it is now available in Armenia too, but again I was disappointed by not finding it in the App Store.
Actually I was using Apple Music as it is available here. But once I knew Spotify is in Russia, I decided to change my Country/Region of App Store to Russia, to get the Spotify(why now? because I was hoping that Armenian payment methods may work for russia, and for plan B I could try to subscribe via Yandex Money...)
So I have cancelled my Apple Music subscription, waited about 10 days till my subscription will expire and I’ll be able to change my Region. Finally the day had came. I changed my region, downloaded Spotify, and I was so excited that I have it. But once I started trying to subscribe, I got disappointed again. No payment methods were accepted, not credit card, not PayPal and not even Yandex Money. The thing is that I actually spent hours to get the subscription somehow, using tons of VPNs and anything I am aware of(also I spent days of waiting and planning this all things) but it was not succeeded.
So the smaaaalll question I want to ask you, why? why? why don’t you enable your product for Armenia. I have lots of friends who would like to use this app, but they don’t, because it is unavailable. There is a significant IT industry and community here in Armenia and they are really able to pay and they really want to listen music using Spotify.
So it is really not intuitive for me why we do not have it yet.

I really hope this message will get to propper people and make you rethink a bit. And I hope in close future we will have Spotify available here in Armenia.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Good news!

Spotify is now available in Armenia

You can read more information about Spotify's launch in new markets in this news article: Spotify Expands International Footprint, Bringing Audio to 80+ New Markets

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hello @azatmelikyan!

Thank you for bringing your suggestions to the Spotify Community. 

It looks like another user has already submitted a similar idea in our Community Ideas Exchange. Make sure to add your votes and comments here and hopefully Spotify will consider implementing your idea.

Hope this helps and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Good news!

Spotify is now available in Armenia

You can read more information about Spotify's launch in new markets in this news article: Spotify Expands International Footprint, Bringing Audio to 80+ New Markets

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts