Premium

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro, mid-2012

Operating System

OS X 10.10.5

My Question or Issue

I am a current premium subscriber, but my family has recently decided to make a family account. I received the invite link and filled out the (same) address, but I keep receiving "error 102". I have tried this several times on different devices and I still receive an error with no explanation. What can I do? Thanks

6 Replies

Hey @lindsg, I'll be here to help!

Could you send me a screenshot of the error message that's being shown? Please make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the community.

Thanks!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Here is the error message

screenshot.png

Hey, @lindsg.

Thanks for the reply!
Could you try asking the owner to send you another invite using a different valid email address?

If that doesn't help, could you let me know if you've previously joined a Premium for Family plan? 

Let me know how this goes.

Billy-JSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Exact same issue for my daughter trying to join our newly created Family plan and leaving her individual subscription. If I send to a different address - will she lose her downloaded music and playlists?

I'm having the same problem: Error 102. Never joined another family plan. Tried getting the invite sent to another email address, same problem. Help!

Hey there @CPaul48@lindsg  and @togram007,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Just to confirm, are your family members on an Unlimited subscription or availing of a bundled offer like Premium for Students with Hulu or Showtime?

If so, they'll need to cancel their current subscription first. You can ask them to follow the steps provided in this Spotify Answer to do that. Then, you can reinvite them to your plan following the steps here.

Keep in mind that they may need to wait for their accounts to revert to Free before they're able to join your plan. They won't lose any music, playlists or account settings when this happens but they'll have to make again available for offline use any content they'd previously downloaded.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts