Error message with Giftcard

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Operating System

(Windows 10, android 9)

My Question or Issue

I recently bought a Spotify gift card to extend my Premium Subscription but when I tried to redeem it I got an error saying "Something went wrong. Try again or call our help." after some testing if I got a letter wrong or something I realized that no matter what I typed in I always got the same error message. I already researched though the internet and this forum but nothing worked out for me.

I already tried:

- Incognito mode

- several browsers

- several devises (different PCs and Smartphones)

- mobile data

The receipt says the card got activated, so I believe it isn't a problem with the gift card itself, but with Spotify. If you have a question please ask.

Thanks for your help and a nice day.

Spotify da ist wohl etw.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Caro191,

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community!

If your gift card isn’t working, I recommend first trying the suggestions in this support article, listed under “Gift card not working?” If none of these suggestions help, I recommend contacting Spotify Support here; you can select “Subscription” -> “Other” -> “I STILL NEED HELP.” However, bear in mind that Spotify Support may be experiencing delays due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi Senko78,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community. I’d recommend getting in touch with Customer Support, here. Select “Subscription,” then “Other,” then “Gift cards,” and then “I STILL NEED HELP.” Customer Support will take a look and do their best to help.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Hey! I have the same problem. How did you solve it? 😞

Marked as solution

Hi @Caro191,

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community!

If your gift card isn’t working, I recommend first trying the suggestions in this support article, listed under “Gift card not working?” If none of these suggestions help, I recommend contacting Spotify Support here; you can select “Subscription” -> “Other” -> “I STILL NEED HELP.” However, bear in mind that Spotify Support may be experiencing delays due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

@caro191 Spotify's support redeemed the card for me

Suggested posts