Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Members "You are about to be added to the family plan with --" Different name than mine

Family Members "You are about to be added to the family plan with --" Different name than mine

Hey, 

I'm having a bit of a problem with my Family Member plan - I'm paying for my friends and familt the $14.99/month plan. However, whenever I send the invitation to them, they see that they are about to be added to the family plan but with a name different than mine...

Is there anyone who has had this problem, and was able to solve it?

Plan

Premium - Family

Country

Canada 

1 Reply

Hey @mpw2121.

Thanks for getting in touch!

We're you asked to submit your personal details when you signed up for Premium for Family? You only have one chance do do this and you won't be able to change the name/address. If you want to change this, you'll have to create a new account. Alternatively you could ignore the name that you see.

If you would like to get a new account, make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You can visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your own username. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts