Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Plan in Israel [2019]

Solved!

Family Plan in Israel [2019]

Hi,

I've been a very happy premium user for the last year, but the lack of progress on family plans in Israel is starting to get on me.

I know this issue has been raised before, but its been a year and your competition is happily supporting family plans in IL.

Can we get on with the show...?

I like the premium service. But I don't like it enough to pay for 4 profiles...

Please try to resolve this issue, at least in a way that isn't "We'l bring this up internally"

It's been a year.

Either do it, or SAY you won't do it, and let your users make a decision.

Thanks!

(Example below)

Competition Example 1 (Deezer):

deezer.png

Competition Example 2 (Apple Music):

apple-music.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on this!

The best way for your to suggest improvements and new features for the app in the Community is via the Idea Exchange: that way, we can see which ideas are most popular among Community members.

Going forward, we suggest that you leave your feedback as a comment in the idea thread relevant to your suggestion here.

Rest assured that your votes and comments are being taken into consideration, and you'll be the first to know as soon as we have any updates on the matter in the above-mentioned thread.

For more info on how your feedback is reaching Spotify via the Idea Exchange, you can check out this Spotify Answer.

Thanks - take care for now!

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Hey there @damageboy666,

thanks for sharing in the community !

Israel is not yet included in the counrties who has access to the Family Plan subscription.

However, as it is in most countries, it'll take a bit more time but will surely get available soon.

To help the process, the community has a great section called "Ideas".

I'm directing you to a specific one here, concerning the Family Plan in Israel for you to vote and get updated on it.

Reply back to the post if you have any further questions and i'll jump back in 😃

@damageboy666 wrote:

Hi,

I've been a very happy premium user for the last year, but the lack of progress on family plans in Israel is starting to get on me.

I know this issue has been raised before, but its been a year and your competition is happily supporting family plans in IL.

Can we get on with the show...?

I like the premium service. But I don't like it enough to pay for 4 profiles...

Please try to resolve this issue, at least in a way that isn't "We'l bring this up internally"

It's been a year.

Either do it, or SAY you won't do it, and let your users make a decision.

Thanks!

(Example below)

Competition Example 1 (Deezer):

deezer.png

Competition Example 2 (Apple Music):

apple-music.png

I totally agree with damageboy666.

It seems as if Spotify is taking an ugly strategy for the Israeli market and I’m thinking as well to cancel both my membership and my daughter’s and signing up for one of the other music services, who are simply more decent!

Spotify, enough with the poor excuses!

I agree. Would like Spotify to give an official response with a timeframe. Not having a Family Plan is a big no-go for having spotify. 

Couldn't agree more damageboy666.

This is a disgrace, almost as if it's a planned move.

Thanks for sharing the plans for Apple music and Deezer.

Maybe if we have a coordinated move towards the competition someone will come to his senses in Spotify's bizdev dep. 

That's a poor answer for a serious company like Spotify. As paying users we expect no less than an answer followed by a dead line commitement.
Expecting us to pay twice the amount of ather users in order to allow our family full access means "go to our competitors, you can have a better deal there".  

I would expect a formal answer from Spotify rather than a community answer.

completely agree.

it seems that I'll go to Deezer family plan. I prefer Spotify but won't pay 4 premium account to my family when others have normal plan for families...

Seriously? I've seen this answer for too long time. Even though I like your platform im cancelling my premium account. There are cheaper alternatives. See you when you open it up for the Israeli market.

Bye

It's been 4 months since the last official reply here. Why can't we get a proper answer regarding the timeline? and why do we even need to wait for something that you already have in other regions?

i gave up and moved to the compatitors. 

What a bad response from Spotify. Time to check out the competition. 

Outrageous actually! In the early days of Spotify, we had 3 accounts in our family for a few months. Got waaaaay too expensive. So now we have only one Premium account. Waiting for the family plan to arrive in Israel... one day, maybe. Not willing to pay for 3 profiles.

I am also moving to your competitors for the same reason 

Also moved to the competitors. Not having the option for family plan so much time from the release is inexcusable.

What a joke, Vote for family plan. Very poor answer. You all should move to Deezer or Apple Music.

Tidal is now offering a family plan for 10NIS for the first 150 days. 30NIS afterwards...

Are you guys over at Spotify about to wake up from your winter slumber?

me to. Deezer, 30 NIS / month for 6 profiles

moving to Deezer

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on this!

The best way for your to suggest improvements and new features for the app in the Community is via the Idea Exchange: that way, we can see which ideas are most popular among Community members.

Going forward, we suggest that you leave your feedback as a comment in the idea thread relevant to your suggestion here.

Rest assured that your votes and comments are being taken into consideration, and you'll be the first to know as soon as we have any updates on the matter in the above-mentioned thread.

For more info on how your feedback is reaching Spotify via the Idea Exchange, you can check out this Spotify Answer.

Thanks - take care for now!

Suggested posts