Plan

Free/Premium

Country

United States 

Device

(iPhone 12 mini

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue                              I currently have the duo plan and I added my sister to my plan I wanna upgrade to the family plan but I read that when I change the plan it’ll kick her off so if I do change it can I add her back to the family plan?

1 Reply

Hi @Zygarde2219,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

Yes, if you switch your plan from Premium Duo to Premium Family, you should be able to invite your sister to the Premium Family plan without any issues.

It's true that members can only switch between different Premium Family or Premium Duo plans once a year; however, if you're the plan manager and decide to switch between Duo and Family, it's considered the same plan for this purposes of this rule and won't affect the plan members' ability to rejoin.

You can change your plan to Premium Family by following these steps:

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Under Your plan, click Change Plan.
  3. Select Premium Family.

At your next payment date, your billing and account will switch to the Premium Family plan, and your sister's account will switch to the free plan. You can then invite your sister and any other members of your residence to the new Premium Family plan by following the steps in this support article. Bear in mind to accept the invites, the other members must live at the same address as the plan manager.

You can also read more about how Premium Family works in this FAQ article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts