Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family accont, break loose one member to free spotify

Solved!

Family accont, break loose one member to free spotify

HI,

I have 4 person in our family account. 

Now a want to "break loose" one member (moved from us), and want to put that memeber on a spotify free account (so she dont loose the playlists)

How do i do that?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @michaelpersson1,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

No worries, changing subscription plans won’t cause anyone to lose their playlists or saved music, and everyone can keep their same Spotify accounts.

The plan manager for the Premium Family plan can remove a member from the plan by following the steps in this support article:

1. Go to your account page
  2. Scroll down to Manage your family accounts
  3. Select the option to remove a member, and the removed member’s account will revert to the free plan (you can also invite members from here)

Bear in mind that members can only switch between different Premium Family (or Premium Duo) plans once a year.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @michaelpersson1,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

No worries, changing subscription plans won’t cause anyone to lose their playlists or saved music, and everyone can keep their same Spotify accounts.

The plan manager for the Premium Family plan can remove a member from the plan by following the steps in this support article:

1. Go to your account page
  2. Scroll down to Manage your family accounts
  3. Select the option to remove a member, and the removed member’s account will revert to the free plan (you can also invite members from here)

Bear in mind that members can only switch between different Premium Family (or Premium Duo) plans once a year.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts