Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family member address not accepted - sitting next to me on sofa, entering same address

Family member address not accepted - sitting next to me on sofa, entering same address

I joined Premium months ago but have never managed to get my son to be able to join as a family member. We live together in Kuwait. I have entered the same address into my account and his I don't know how many times. EVERY TIME its says he is in a different country to me and can't join. We are sitting next to each other on the sofa comparing screens. We are entering the same information.

Spotify constantly shortens the address to a different one, about a mile away. It refuses to accept the address as written. There are no zip codes here, just streets and blocks. However, we are both entering the same - correct - address and then we are both accepting the same - by Spotify - abbreviation of it.

LindsayG_0-1590393639131.png

Please help because this is taking hours. I literally HATE Spotify since I started paying for Premium, because I don't get the service. It has taken me months to sort this out because every time I try I get so angry and frustrated, and frankly, I have other stuff to do. Currently locked down and school holidays (I am a teacher) have started so I have time to try again. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Kuwait

Device

laptop and Ipad

Operating System

latest updates for both

My Question or Issue

Address on my account.PNG
address on sons account.jpg
5 Replies

Hey there @LindsayG,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. No worries - we're here to help 🙂

Can you confirm that you've made sure the country settings of your son's and your Spotify accounts match?

If they don't, we recommend you check out this article on our support website, to see how to change the country setting.

Hope this is useful. Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Dear Xenia, thanks for trying. You are right, for some reason I am listed as in GB while he is in Kuwait. In fact we are both in Kuwait.

I followed the instructions to change my country, and even had an authorisation notification on my Kuwait bank card, however I am still listed in ... GB

LindsayG_0-1591019047065.png

I have tried this three times including logging out and leaving it overnight in case its slow to upload
Nothing. 

do you have any more ideas please?

Thanks for getting back to us @LindsayG!

We'll be happy to explain a bit more about what seems to be happening here.

If you were able to change the payment method to one from Kuwait but your account is still set to the UK, you'll need to wait until your next payment date so that the change will go into effect.

When your next payment goes through your new registered card, the account should sync up and you will be able to add your family members to the plan.

You can keep track of your subscription's status with the steps here.

We hope this info helps. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Eventually I solved it. Now I have moved back to the UK. Guess what? Can't change country. I change it, it doesn't stick. I can't pay because I'm in the 'wrong country' and I can't change country because my card is registered elsewhere. Rarely have I come across a company who makes it so hard to give them money.

Oh, here's a solution!! Goodbye Spotify! See ya! Send me emails about missing payments every day if you like - they are all going straight to junk.

Hi there @LindsayG,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. We're sorry to hear that you're having these issues and we'd like to take a closer look into this with you if you'd like to.

If you still want to troubleshoot this together with us, can you let us know if you have a payment method from the UK or not?

We'll be on the lookout for a possible reply from you.

Have a great continued weekend 🙂 

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts