Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Forgotten Password - How long does spotify keep trying to charge

Forgotten Password - How long does spotify keep trying to charge

Hey! Here's the honest deal.

I signed up for the Spotify three months trial. I chose to create a brand new email account for that reason. I also chose to use a credit card I normally don't store money on to see if I like Spotify without worrying it might take charge money

Now on to the problem: I forgot all the email account username and password and I accidentally signed out of Spotify so I couldn't even note my very complicated Spotify username down.

My trial period ended but since I wasn't able to cancel the subscription, it keeps trying to charge me for the service. It did charge me once when somehow I had money on the account. This has been going on for weeks and the question is HOW LONG will Spotify keep trying? Do they have a time limit for this?

For the record, I opened another account and pay for the premium monthly now. I just need to know if the only way to cut the other problem out is terminating that credit card account. Thanks if anyone can help.

1 Reply

Hey there @Ezat87  - I hope that you are keeping well.

As you've forgotten the email and password, you'll need to reach out to Spotify Support as you no longer have access to these parts. Spotify will continue to attempt to charge for a while and then it will stop however this can't be guaranteed. You can reach out to the right folks through either this Email form which will not require you to sign in - before opening, please ensure your logged out of everything Spotify related I recommend that you do this in a Incognito Browser.

You may be required to prove the ownership of the account so I'd recommend being prepared to answer any questions which they require answering so please ensure if you know any data that was inputted on that account that can help them trace this that you have this ready for them and they'll also be able to help you run through the account closure process for this account once they've traced it.

But of course, Welcome to Spotify!

Keep Well,

Suggested posts