Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Fraudulent Activity - using bank details

Solved!

Fraudulent Activity - using bank details

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

My Question or Issue

I started seeing double recurring payments to Spotify on my bank account statements. I blocked the auto-withdrawal through my bank. They asked me to inform Spotify of the fraudulent activity. How do I do that? 

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello there!

It sounds like you might’ve accidentally created a second account and signed into that one instead. I'd recommend checking out the FAQ page "Can I create multiple accounts?" here for more info.

If you are sure you didn't create a second account and you think someone is using your payment details without your permission, I'd recommend reaching out to Spotify here

Hope this helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello there!

It sounds like you might’ve accidentally created a second account and signed into that one instead. I'd recommend checking out the FAQ page "Can I create multiple accounts?" here for more info.

If you are sure you didn't create a second account and you think someone is using your payment details without your permission, I'd recommend reaching out to Spotify here

Hope this helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Thanks so much for the link. It definitely wasn't me using the account. 

Hey @thewickedgrape! No worries, I'm glad to hear my reply helped you. Make sure to let me know if you have any other questions and have a nice day 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/track/18oyq3ocsV8gcp9Ce5zL5v?si=Kl0M6LwSRkmR8ZG1BkqIlQ

Jose_MSpotify Star

Spotify has rogue entities accessing its APIs. These folks see when you create an account and make false charges to your bank account hoping that you will not notice. They are not using banking information you provided to Spotify - they get it elsewhere. Spotify is fully aware of this but does not address it.

Suggested posts