Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free Google Home Mini

Free Google Home Mini

Hi
I applied for the free google home mini and received the email from Spotify but when i followed the link the page crashed now if I try again the discount is not added at checkout even though I have not purchased the device. Any advice?

15 Replies

Hi,

I have the same issue here in France, did you manage to find a solution? I can't have the mini for 0 euro!!!

Hey @Boldie1 and @AyObito,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this! We'll be happy to help 🙂

Could you try the following:

• opening the link in a different browser of incognito window
  • try this link instead?

Let us know how it goes! If you're still having trouble, let us know.

Hi All,

I recently subscribed to the Premium for Family Plan while the free Google speaker offer is on. To claim this you're supposed to get an email from Spotify to claim the speaker. It seems since I login with my Facebook account there is no email in my account details. I've looked at this and apparently I don't need the email address as they have access to the email address I use to login to Facebook. This email address hasn't had an email from Spotify nor will it allow me to enter the email address in my account details. So will I recieve the email or will I miss out just because I use my Facebook account to login?

Thanks

Neil

Plan

Premium Family

Country

England

Peter, 

Having same issue.  Followed the link you provided and there was an error code saying that it was temporarily unavailable. Other suggestions?

Clint

Just to let you all know, I fixed my issue by using a different device (phone) and all work great this time.

I have signed up for the Family subscription to recieve a Google Home last friday. I was told i would be emailed a link to claim the google home. Nothing has come through my inbox (checked spam as well) 

I have also tried to follow http://www.spotify.com/googlehome/redeem but I either get "We're sorry, an unknown error has occurred." or "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment" thrown back at me.

Any ideas?

Hey @Boldie1.

Glad to hear that worked for you!

@kev2480 and @ClintWalker - can you try this on another device and see if that works for you?

Thanks! We'll be here if you need any further help.

Hey Peter,

Screenshot_20190325-155140.jpg

This is what I see trying on my phone, same thing on my laptop 

Same issue for me. Tried on multiple devices 

Same issue for me

tried on numerous devices

i get the feeling Spotify are avoiding fulfilling this offer

useless customer service 

one very unhappy customer

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Since demand has been very high for the Google Home Mini offer, it might take a few days for your device to become available. This is why you're seeing that error message.

If you're not receiving the email with a link to redeem your device, hang in there - we’ll make sure to email when it's ready.

Thanks!

I received my email today and have successfully ordered my free google home mini device.

Thank you very much !!

You can use the following link:

https://www.spotify.com/uk/googlehome/redeem/

This will work once your device is ready. 

I have the Spotify Family Plan.

On Nov 3, 2018 I applied for the Spotify Promotion for a free google home mini.  I have the confirmation from that day saying "You've reserved your Google Home Mini.  We'll email you at *snip* as soon as your device is available."

I have not received any notification - it is now Apr 10, 2019.
I tried accessing the website https://www.spotify.com/us/googlehome/redeem/ in chrome, chrome incognito and edge and in each one I get an error that says "We're sorry, an unknown error has occurred.  Please try again later."

Would appreciate your help.

Same here. After a week of emailing back and forth with Spotify I got an answer that worked. 

When you get to the email notification that you're eligible for the Google Home Mini and you click on GET IT NOW, you'll be directed to a different page. You can use the page's URL and try it on an incognito/private browser. Or look for the code on it and manually apply it when you check out.

I first had to cancel my original attempt to order, then start over. The incognito window had me sign into my google account before hitting the purchase tab. All went smoothly from there.

Good luck. Hope this works for you all!

Eboyiii

Suggested posts