Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free Spotify but still charging

Free Spotify but still charging

I have concern about this free spotify few months ago i stil searchin answers.I subcribe a free spotify, and for i know it not due yet to charge me.I dont even get the premium one.I call my phone company but they tell me there is no subscription and nothing to pay.Now i try to ask spotify they told me i even not subscribe it.I call my bank to black the merchant so it will discontinue payment , they block it but the big question is why SPOTIFY charging me? I been change my card but they still access it

7 Replies

Spotify has charged my credit card but im not a premium. Please tell me  how to stop it. Spotify do something

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

@myecala15 - it's possible that you have another account with us. We'd recommend following the steps in this Spotify Answer to locate it.

If that doesn't do the trick, it would be a good idea getting back in touch with our support teams to let them know so that they can take a closer look for you.

@Modjorain - if you're seeing unexpected charges, we'd first recommend taking a look at this support site. It would also be a good idea double checking if you used your payment details in a family or friend's account. If so, you can ask them to cancel the subscription with these steps.

Hope this info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi! i'm paying £5 month but only getting free account features on my iPhone. I have been on an Unlimited subscription, and paid my last invoice 1 week ago. Up until then I was enjoying Unlimited features on my iPhone, but it has suddenly stopped and I am only allowed to shuffle through my playlists etc. I have heard nothing from Spotify to notify me of any changes, and am still paying! Can you help?

Hi there @mistermunro,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

In this case we suggest that you follow the steps that's been provided by @Katerina.

Let us know how everything goes.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks Jeremy.

Yep I had already deleted & reinstalled the latest version of Spotify on my iPhone, logged in & out many times, but still having the same issues. I have also checked I haven’t got another account.

I’ve looked through the support pages for a solution and the only thing I could find is that you are only giving new subscribers the option of ‘free’ and ‘premium’ and dropping ‘unlimited’. However in a post from 2014 Rorey says “ Don't worry. If you have Unlimited you should still be able to keep your subscription without any problems”.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Unlimited-apparently-a-thing-of-the-past/td-p/615652

This seems to have been the case until last week. Has something changed?

Thanks,

James

Hey @mistermunro,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and trying the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the thread.

We're constantly running test in order to improve our app. Things might look different on the account as a consequence.

In case this is not a temporary issue, you'll be receiving more info soon.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

You fixed it, thanks!

Suggested posts