Free Spotify premium with AT&T

Free Spotify premium with AT&T

rcasey117
Visitor

Has anyone had issues with redeeming the free Spotify premium thru AT&T? If you have an unlimited plus/more plan you can get Spotify premium for free.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country USA

IPhone 8 

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

13 Replies

Re: Free Spotify premium with AT&T

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey @rcasey117, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

What's happening with your Spotify Premium with AT&T? I'd love to help :)

Billy-JRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

CcEd4405
Visitor

I am also having trouble linking att acct and spotify acct!

bgaima01
Casual Listener

I am also having trouble with this although the issue seems to be on the AT&T side and due to the fact that I previously had a Premium Spotify account. My AT&T plan   will now pay for my Premium Spotify account but they can't figure out how to link it. I had to downgrade my Spotify account to Free and have been struggling to find someone that can set this up. 

coolerkid
Casual Listener

I have spent hours with AT&T support and spoken to several agenst and none of them can figure out how to get this working. Does anyone know how to get this working??

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey folks,

I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support here. They'll take a look and do their best to help.

Have a great day :)

Billy-JRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

coolerkid
Casual Listener

Already did, they couldn't help. Don't know why this is so difficult. Has anyone who had problems gotten it working? 

bgaima01
Casual Listener

I think the problem is on AT&T's end and not Spotify's. I've talked to just about every person in AT&T support and they just keep on "escalating tickets" for me. According to AT&T, I had to change my Spotify from Premium to Free for them to link the accounts and they haven't been able to so I have had to deal with ads for two weeks. 

Seems like a promo AT&T did not test before rolling out but not surprised. 

coolerkid
Casual Listener

Same with me. They keep saying they've escalated it but nothing gets done. Noboy on their chats or phone have a clue about this. It should be as simple as giving you a code in your AT&T account that you enter in Spotify. I've wasted so much time on this. Even canceled my account as instructed and had to deal with the free version. 

bgaima01
Casual Listener

I was finally able to get this working today. I asked to speak with a supervisor last week and think he actually did something with getting my ticket "escalated". 

Today, they had me change my premium service to anything other than Spotify, log out, log back in and change it back to Spotfify then click the activation link. Once on the Spotify website, I enterred my username and password and it recognized my account was eligible for Premium based on my AT&T plan. 

You need to have AT&T on chat or on the phone for each step so they can reset your premium service since you're only allowed one change every 12 months. Hope this works for others. 

SUGGESTED POSTS