Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free Trial what happens when it's over?

Solved!

Free Trial what happens when it's over?

Hello Spotify,
People may have asked you the same question, but I need a full understandment. I've just downloaded the Spotify app on my iPod and I got the 48 hour free trial plan. Now, what would exactly happen once the free trial is over? Will I still be able to listen to Spotify on my iPod or will the app automatically shut down? Will I also be charged if I don't cancel my free trial before the 48 hours? Now, I guess I should also say that I have a Spotify free account on my computer without this app.

Thanks for your moment!
152 Replies

@Kevinlewis511

You can login to the website to check the status of your subscription here:

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Do we still keep the music we downloaded?
Marked as solution

Hey @ShadowLeader,

Once your free trial ends, your playlists and music remain to be streamed, but not while you're offline .

osorniosSpotify Star

hey I got 7 day free trial and you said I would get a email about getting a 30 day free trial after the 7 day free trial ends if i saw no do i still have to pay

I was going to ask the same question but now i dont have to. It's nice knowing you don't have to pay for the trial! Spotify is great so far though...:)

Yes.
If you take the free trial you don't have to pay but then after tour trial is over your automatically revert back to the old one without spotify premium.
You also get a 30 day trial but you will have to pay after it is over.

Yes.
If you take the free trial you don't have to pay but then after tour trial is over your automatically revert back to the old one without spotify ïpremium.
You also get a 30 day trial but you will have to pay after it is over.

When you download the songs on your 48 hour free trial, do the songs stay downloaded?

Hey @ducklord,

You lose access to them for offline listening once the trial ends.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

No

Would all the downloads undownload?

Hey @Rajhin,

Yes, you'll lose all downloaded offline content, but you'll still be able to stream it.

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi! I just want to clarify some stuff. I downloaded songs so I could play it offline while my 30 days trial is on going and was planning to cancel my subscription. The thing is, will the songs that I downloaded offline be played still even if I already cancelled my subscription?

Hey @user-removed,

They will be available until your trial ends. After that, they will be available for streaming, but not for listening without an internet connection.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I tried the 7 day free trial and I'm worried that once it's over I will be charged. Can you clear things up for me plz!!!

Hey @Cooler10101,

If you didn't input any payment information, your account will go back to Free.

You do need to check your itunes subscriptions for Auto Renewals and turn it off for Spotify before the end of your 7 day trial.

Here are Apple's instructions on how to do it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts