Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free premium even after cancellation

Free premium even after cancellation

I was previously subscribed to Premium Plan through my Telco. I’ve cancelled it through the Telco for more than a couple of months ago, and have stopped paying for subscription. But until today, My subscription status still shows Premium and under 3rd party subscription. I called the Telco to confirm the cancellation, they did. But there is no way I can cancel it in Spotify accounts page.

10 Replies

Hi there @Tracyt

thanks for reaching out about this !

As you're using Telco as your provider, you'll have to reach out to them for further explanation on you subscription and to cancel it for you if needed.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

They assured me that they have cancelled the subscription and it’s Spotify failing to update the system.

Hi @Tracyt,

thanks for letting me know !

Please check your account overview page here to confirm the current status of your plan + checking if there's any expiration date on the plan.

If it does not mention any ending time, please reach out to your supplier again and notify them.

However, if it does mention a date, your account will revert back to Free when this period ends.

Hope this shed some light 🙂

Hi! There is no date of expiration. 
I have reached out to the Telco again to communicate with Spotify.

Thanks for your reply.

Outcome from telco: they have already cancelled the subscription. Advise me to check with Spotify.

I really do not know ho else I can reach out to to cancel this free subscription to premium.

This is a loophole isn’t it for people to enjoy free premium?

Hi @Tracyt,

Thanks for posting here - interesting situation you're in!

Whenever you subscribe to a third party (a partner of ours) for Spotify, they are responsible for your subscription. That's why it cannot be cancelled by you through the Spotify website. It's great that you reached out to Telco to check with them the status of your subscription. Did  they say until it was valid? 

Can you tell us which country you're from, so we get a better understanding of what and why it has happened?

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi Petya 

I live in Singapore.

Telco told me very clear that I do not have a Spotify subscription with them, so there is no ’valid till date’.

Hi @Tracyt,

Thanks for  the fast reply! 

Since this is a curious case, can you send us a screenshot of your account page? This way we'll have a better chance of figuring out what and why it is happening.

Just make sure to cover any sensitive info such as date of birth, email address.

Keep us in the loop!

PetyaModerator

here you go.

186146B1-566D-4C35-B394-D24F24D5AD3F.jpeg

Hey @Tracyt,

Thanks for the screenshot! 

From what we see, it seems we could use some more details on the plan you purchased. Can you give us more info on that? Was there some kind of discount? How much you pay per month?

Also, bear in mind that we and your payment provider have different billing systems, so they can give you the most accurate info on that since they're the ones handling your payments.

Thanks in advance!

PetyaModerator

Suggested posts