Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free trial and Gift Card

Free trial and Gift Card

I have the 3 month free trial and I got 2 gift cards to add on and pick up when the trial ends, but when I try to enter the info, I get error messages. "Something went wrong" or "Oops, an error occurred". I thought maybe I couldn't add the cards till the trial was over, but I see plenty of other people saying they have done it just fine. How do I fix this? I am in the US, trying to add from a PC with WIN10. TY.

PS- These are egift certificates, if that makes a difference. I have a certificate number and a PIN but neither work.

5 Replies

Hey @lavendrite,

Welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for posting your question here.

It'd be useful for you to read this support site article featuring all the info regarding what it takes to successfully use our gift cards.

It'd be also great to perform all the trouble-shooting actions listed under 'Gift card not working?' to see whether, as a consequence, what you're experiencing gets solved.

Let us know how you get on. We'll keep an eye on your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Ty Mario, I did read all of that before posting, which is why I initially thought maybe it was because of my 3 month trial. However, seeing other people having no issue with that, I started looking further.

I bought an egift certificate with a cashback reward bonus, no reason to suspect it is not also US as my account is. I c/p the number so no issues with typing. I just got it, so certainly have not redeemed it already. I only have premium, not premium family.

Anything I missed? Ty for replying.

Hey @lavendrite,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Apologies for the confusion - unfortunately you won't be able to redeem the gift cards until your free trial expires.

You can, of course, forfeit the trial, however we suggest that you wait until your trial is up and then redeem the gift cards.

Here's a link to the gift card T&Cs for future reference.

Let us know if you have any other questions 🙂

While trying to upgrade to premium and redeem a $99 gift card, I added the free trial. Then I redeemed my gift card. It’s saying my credit card will be billed in 3 months. Will it or will it use my gift card after that?

Hi @Bossmahoney,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

If you signed up for a free trial and then added a gift card, the gift card will be queued and it'll be automatically activated after the trial ends. 

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts